A few more days till 5K-6K "24hr avg"

clifford_cooleyclifford_cooley Arkansas, USA Member
edited October 2010 in Folding@Home
I upgraded to a Core2 Quad and hit my 10th WU with SMP2 about the same time. My PPD is close to 20 times more than what I was making.

Still slow compared to some of you guys, but I'm happy with it for now. :)

Next upgrade is the graphics card. Hmmm, Which card should I choose.
I want ATI but not if nVidia will give better folding for the dollar. I do know it will be a DirectX 11 card, so the choice will be GTX 4xx or Radeon 5xxx. I will also be keeping my spending down below $200. For what I need I don't see spending more than $200 per component.

Comments

• clifford_cooleyclifford_cooley Arkansas, USA Member
    edited May 2010
    37,196 - My current points
    972,804 - Points needed for 1st Milestone
    6,000 - Approximate PPD
    5.2 Months - Approximate time till 1st Milestone

Surely this is not the only incentive Team Icrontics has for beginners!
    If it wasn't for the fact that I want to fold, I would consider stopping at this point.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    You don't fold for milestones, accolades, or incentives. You fold for cures. Sorry, that's all we got.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Clifford... We do appreciate the work you've put forward for F@H. The team aspect has been a bit down so we don't jump in on these threads as often. Besides, the milestone you speak of is not our milestone. When we were more active we had a ton of milestones.
  • clifford_cooleyclifford_cooley Arkansas, USA Member
    edited May 2010
    Thanks guys

I realize that folding is for a cause. It seems that we could do more on the side to make thinks abit more interesting. Maybe its because I'm a decade behind times. I didn't know anything about Folding at Home until here recently and its now 10 years old. I wish I had known about this while things was highly motivated.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    BTW if you hadn't bought a graphics card yet, NVIDIA is still yielding much better numbers for folding, but ATI cards may get substantially better with GPU3. I'm folding on a GTX 465 at 800/1600 and getting over 10k PPD so there's that.