Dropped Wireless Connection w/Netgear

SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
edited May 2010 in Science & Tech
I'll be so excited when you gents (and/or ladies) laugh at me and tell me how simple or novice my problem is.

My family runs a NETGEAR router (WGT624 v4).

Normally we have no problems running wired or wireless. We generally have 2 wired computers and 1-3 wireless computers at a time. Periodically I will be playing WoW or browsing the internet when suddenly everyone else in my household no longer has internet. They can see the network and are allegedly connected to it, but they cannot connect to the net.

My only guesswork suggests the most commonly (but is not exclusive to) when a computer joins the network but I am not 100% on this.

Our network security is a password (we do not have MAC addresses programmed into the router).

SNED HEPL!

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    My old Netgear would do something like that. I ended up having to power cycle it to free up the router. I ended up getting one of those X10 wireless power controller. I'd just click a button on a remove and cycle the router.

Have you looked into DD-WRT firmware for your router? You router IS listed as being supported. Might fix the issue if Netgear hasn't with a new firmware.