Blizzard releases profession changes for upcoming Cataclysm Expansion

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    THREE NEW BANDAGES..... :wtf:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    ...Just in case Blizzard didn't try hard enough to remove money from the economy in Wrath.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Blizzard is going to really have to think carefully about the titles for new levels of professions. We already have Apprentice, Journeyman, Expert, Artisan, Master, and Grand Master.

What comes after that? "Super Grand Master"? "Yoda Master"? Or "No, we really mean it this time Extra Grand Master"? Or perhaps "Chuck Norris"?

But then what about when the next expansion comes 18 months to 2 years down the road? What profession level could possibly be higher than Chuck Norris? I guess there won't be any more after that.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Did you even read the thing?

The new rank is "Illustrious Grand Master"
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    One thing that disturbs me about new WoW expansions is how todays hot item instantly becomes old news. Titanium, for example, is always in demand. Now once the new expansion comes out, no one will care about Titanium much, except for players who are still leveling. Now people will be going crazy for Pyrite and the other new mining ores.

I'll be like "Hey see my new Titanium piece of gear! And people will be like "So what, the Pyrite stuff is available now".

And I'll be like "Hey wait a minute, it took me a lot of time and work to get the mats to make this! At least pretend to appreciate it!", and they will say "It's old news, forget Titanium, it's all about Pyrite now"

That's one of the things I don't like about WoW and how things change in general.

When is the last time you had a need for Fel Iron, Adamantite, or Khorium? See what I mean?

Back when BC was the current expansion, everything seemed to have Fel as part of its name. Fel this and Fel that, I think the programmer for that had some sort of Fel fetish.
    edited May 2010
    TL;DR: Tim wants to live in the past, just like he seems to with everything else. Shocker.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    lul
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Tim wrote:
    One thing that disturbs me about new WoW expansions is how todays hot item instantly becomes old news.
    I'd actually agree with Tim on this one. In games like this, it is like sitting down to watch "Lost" in the end of season 4. WTF is going on???

With the constant flow of updates, it DOES make it a bit overwhelming for a casual or semi serious WoW guy to keep up. Heck, I bought my Android phone and before I had it open I found out that it was Motorola's low end Android phone. Totally deflated my view of my phone. At least the Droid folks had a few weeks of being the king of the hill.
    edited May 2010
    Actually, the constant updating makes it extremely easy for the casual player to keep up. Since content is refreshed somewhat regularly, older material gets pushed down and becomes easier for casual players to get, putting them close to the top end with relatively little effort.

It only takes about 2-3 weeks to get raid-ready in WoW, no matter what point the game is at, or what state your character is in.