Unable to generate a signature

sgoldmansgoldman Baltimore
edited May 2010 in Folding@Home
I have tried to use the sig generator page to get a Folding@Home sig without success. I was told to wait until I got a few units done and my name should show up there but I'm now up to 13 units and still my name doesn't show up in the list. The very top of the page shows some errors and something about needing the site's cookie to function correctly (which I have). Is there any way to manually create a signature or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I believe the sig generator has been broken for the last 2 site updates.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Correct, the Icrontic folding sig generator does not work we all use the Extreme Overclocker's sig.
  • sgoldmansgoldman Baltimore
    edited May 2010
    Looks like that worked. Thanks _k_.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Glad to see it works for you too.
    edited May 2010
    Yup, the EOC sig generator allowed me to manually piece together the sig. I don't know if I did it the best way possible or not but it seems to have worked.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    sgoldman wrote:
    Yup, the EOC sig generator allowed me to manually piece together the sig. I don't know if I did it the best way possible or not but it seems to have worked.

You made your sig with a static image rather than a link to the EOC page. I like mine to link back to EOC (just find out what your user number on EOC is by searching at folding.extremeoverclocking.com) :

In the signature box, click insert image and for the URL use the following, replacing the Xs with your username number and the c1 throught the end simply changes the formatting (in this case to black and such):
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/sigs/sigimage.php?u=XXXXXXX&c1=FFFFFF&c2=000000&c3=000000&c4=0000CC&c5=FFFFFF

Then click the image you created, click add hyperlink and paste the following, again substituting your actual EOC user number for the Xs:
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?u=XXXXX

If there is a more graceful way, I am unaware of it.
    edited May 2010
    I see what you mean. Like this?
    edited May 2010
    uh oh, now my sig isn't showing up at all. It showed up in the preview but not in the actual post.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Make sure you are in the sig gen page from the My Account screen. Follow those direcs, make sure to save it each time, then post back.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Sgoldman, I see your sig fine.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Signatures only appear after your first post in a discussion.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    That way your sig only shows once per page and doesn't needlessly interrupt the discussion or take up a bunch of space.
  • clifford_cooleyclifford_cooley Arkansas, USA Member
    edited May 2010
    Here is a HTML Folding Signature Customization page for you.

Download Link - sig_generator.zip

1032d1275021265-folding-home-w7forums-com-sig_customization.png
    edited May 2010
    Lincoln wrote:
    Signatures only appear after your first post in a discussion.

Thanks. I believe this answers my question. I was worried because it seemed to be showing up fine then didn't again. I didn't realize the forum was setup that way.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    AWESOME Cliff!!!