Constant code 88 on DFI DK 790FXB-M3H5

pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
edited May 2010 in Hardware
I am currently experiencing a constant code 88 on my DFI motherboard. I have not had a successful boot in nearly 2 weeks; no post, video, anything. I have changed out the only part available to me to test, the video. Switched out a Radeon 5850 for a Nvidia 7900GT and the problem persists, if anything, its worse because it will blink a code 88 even when powered down.

I have tried to contact DFI through both email and phone with no success. I'm pretty sure the board is dead, as a code 88 states "either a cmos error or a bad NorthBridge"

Any recommendations? I have already tried resetting the cmos through every means described in the manual and I have tried letting it sit with the battery out overnight. Taking the battery out got me a reaction on the video aka it recognized the card, but no post and only worked twice before becoming ineffective and resuming the constant code 88.

I am extremely frustrated at this point and with the lack of response from DFI, I would highly recommend that you stay away from their products.

Comments

• pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Wow. Talk about timing. DFI just CALLED me back after my 3rd phone call to them. Getting an RMA, guy was super nice. Guess no system for another couple of weeks at least. Time to fire up the old 939 system to game with I guess.