The Greenwich Beer & Jazz Festival 2010

floppybootstompfloppybootstomp Greenwich New
edited July 2010 in Food & Drink
Hiya.

I don't often post here but I'll post this just to let those who know me that I'm still alive :D

Hope you're all doing good.

I have been through some serious crapola in the last 8 years but mostly everything is pretty good right now. I've been having a fabulous bank holiday weekend.

Here's a few pix from the first night of this weekend, I posted at the two UK forums I'm a regular member of so it seemed easy to cut and paste here...

This thing runs from Thursday to Monday this year with four bands and lots of booze available on each day. Twenty quid admission per event.

I went on the Friday with a bunch of people and saw Hayseed Dixie and The Fun Lovin' Criminals. This was quite a treat for me as I am a fan of both bands having one Hayseed Dixie album and three by the Fun Lovin' Criminals.

You could say I'm something of a fan of FLC so to have them playing ten minutes away from my doorstep on a fine warm sunny evening in a leafy glade with dozens of real ales to choose from was really quite special for me.

Hayseed Dixie are a bunch of good ol boys from the USA who play heavy rock tunes in a blue grass stylee and a nifty line in humour. They were great. They play quite a few AC/DC numbers and their versions of Bohemian Rhapsody and War Pigs were just fine.

I've uploaded one number from FLC to YouTube, here's a link:

Korean Bodega

I recorded a few Hayseed Dixie numbers on me faithful Canon G9 camera and once I've uploaded to YouTube I will post a link.

The Fun Loving Criminals are from New York and I've been a fan ever since the first album was released mid-nineties. I was sent the first album as a promo cos I was working spinning platters at the time.

So, some pix. First up band and festival shots then some pix of the people I was with, except for the guy with the rodent on his shoulder, I have not a clue who he is. Sylvie took that pic. There's also two pix of yours truly in there showing just what a somewhat fearsome and dishevelled specimen I am.

The first band pix of are Hayseed Dixie. Note the accoustic 4 string bass, which sounded very good indeed.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

p001.jpg

p002.jpg
p003.jpg

p004.jpg

p005.jpg

p006.jpg

p007.jpg

p008.jpg

p009.jpg

p010.jpg

p011.jpg

p012.jpg

Comments

• floppybootstompfloppybootstomp Greenwich New
    edited May 2010
    And here's Hayseed Dixie performing AC/DC's Hells Bells:

Yee-Har

See you in another twelve months :D
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    FLC is win. I wonder why they never hit it big here in the states.

Also, Hayseed Dixie's bass player has the best chinbeard ever.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Oh man, this looks RAD.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    That looks amazing. I love these kinds of festivals! Two of my favorite things...in one festival??!! :D
  • RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited July 2010
    Do you go to any of the CAMRA beer festivals floppybootstomp? They vary in size and don't usually have as much in the way of a stage for the bands but they are really good on the beer front! I might try and get down to that one next year.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I adore CAMRA. I wish we had something like it in the states. The last time I was in England some friends and I went on the Nottingham Mild Trail - sponsored by the Nottingham Drinker (a local magazine dedicated to beer...most excellent)
  • RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited July 2010
    If you re in the UK in August I would seriously recomend the Peterborouh Beer Festival. It isn't as musically orientate but it use to be the second biggest festval in the UK. One massive marque for beers and cider and another massive marque for wines and spirits. they do have entertainment in the evening but the beer lis is immense. check out the list...

http://www.peterborough-camra.org.uk/index.php?module=pbfbeer&func=main

And that is just the draught beers. Bottles, ciders and spirits are on the left!