Broliath

ZenModeZenMode Royal Oak, Mi Icrontian
edited June 2010 in Gaming
Just so everyone is aware, Broliath was removed from the guild this morning.

The reasons for this aren't a mystery to anyone, but I don't want to see /celebration over the matter. As a personal friend, I've known him for nearly 8 years now - that doesn't make this decision easy for me.

I went well beyond what could be considered reasonable in terms of how much leeway he was given, and after a few recent occurrences it seems as though my efforts were not enough to change the situation. But let this be a lesson to anyone that would antagonize, berate, or otherwise bring the raid down in a negative fashion inside or outside a raid instance - it will not be tolerated.

So we lose a good raider, tank, dps, and raid leader - this is definitely not a happy day for the Icrontic guild.

Comments

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Its a videogame. It doesn't make you cool to be "good" at it and therefore doesn't give you the authority to be a dick.
  • ZenModeZenMode Royal Oak, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    MAGIC wrote:
    Its a videogame. It doesn't make you cool to be "good" at it and therefore doesn't give you the authority to be a dick.

Andrew is absolutely right.

People need to remember that being a member here is a privilege, not a right - no one is irreplaceable.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    For the record, I would like to state that I'm so fucking good at this game (unh).
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited June 2010
    I will echo Steve's sentiment with some thoughts. I would request that even to those that have been irritated with some of the things that Pete has done, he was still a valued member of our team. His being removed is a loss for the guild. Whenever you recall him don't recall him for the negative but for what he did for us.

That being said, Pete's actions were his own. He knew the repercussions for his actions and chose to act accordingly. I must give Steve credit for he made a decision that was in no way easy and despite my personal grievances and my talk, I can't reasonably say I could have made a decision as impartially as you nor would I have the patience you have had and I feel you should be recognized for that.