Apple Ipad

ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
edited June 2010 in Science & Tech
Yes. I bought one. A shiny Steve Jobs retirement fund device. I know I shouldn't have. I almost feel dirty :mad:

So I have had it a week. I am curious if anyone else within the Icrontic demographic bought one. They did sell a few after all.

Me? I use it as intended. I consume digital content such as email, the Internet, magazines, books, Twitter, Facebook etc. It's bloody effective at that. I could have bought a net book but to be honest, I had one. It was a pain! Those at the LAN a few years ago will remember I had one.

I actually really like the device. I am still trying to formulate why I like it but I just do. It just works. Perhaps I am getting old/jaded :vimp:

Oh and I have yet to hit any snag with the lack of flash. Weird as I expected that to be a problem.

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited June 2010
    When I can stop worrying about saving money for my retirement fund. I figure I'll be able to afford to throw a little Steve's way.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    My father got the iPad as a going away gift. I will wager dollars to doughnuts that it's still in the package and he'll be giving it to me since he'll have no time to learn how to use it. When we go down there in September it will be mine. :)
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    It is a bizarre device. I still have no idea why I bought it but I love it. I am such a jobsian drone. It's always with me. Goddamn it!
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Shorty wrote:
    It is a bizarre device. I still have no idea why I bought it but I love it. I am such a jobsian drone. It's always with me. Goddamn it!

I played with one at Best Buy the other day. It is a fun toy.
  • edited June 2010
    just a gloryfied ipod touch.

seriously, just go do some research on tablet pc's. you can get far superior products than this for much cheaper.

if it ran the actuall mac os, so it was basically just a slimlined touch capable airbook. then i would probably like it. as it is. overly expensive trash.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    That's cracking line; do some research on tablets ;)

One of the first consumer tablets were made by acer. I have had two of them (including one at launch)

It's very easy to call it a big iPod touch (i used the line myself) but it has it's place. I recently it to used produce two beautiful mind maps and accompanying process flows using two apps. Hardly a iPod kind of activity. That's work activity.