Razer Mamba causes boot issues when plugged in.

MJOMJO Denmark New
edited June 2010 in Hardware
Hi

I recently bought a Razer Mamba to replace my Habu and whenever I start up my PC with it plugged in, it wont get past the BIOS POST.
It just freezes after it shows my CPU settings. :mean:
If I unplug the mouse and reboot it works fine and I can plug it in just fine right after the POST.

Anyone heard of these issues? :confused2

I have experienced it once before it was with my old Nokia phone.
When it was plugged in using USB exactly the same thing happened.
It wasn't much of an issue though but I would prefer that the mouse stays plugged in. :rolleyes:

Specs are in the signature.

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    BIOS update? Check USB settings to see if there is a legacy support option, etc. IDK beyond that.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Perhaps a USB voltage issue?
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Given that the Mamba has onboard memory and that it locks up after showing cpu info, I'd bet the farm that it is treating it as a FDD and locking up trying to id the microcode for post.

It might sound ridiculous, but try just clearing the cmos and/or throwing the usb dongle in a rear usb port instead of front.
    Also make sure legacy usb is disabled unless you need it for something.
  • MJOMJO Denmark New
    edited June 2010
    I disabled legacy usb and now it is booting just fine.

I will need to enable it though if I want to upgrade the CMOS or boot from CD/DVD. Otherwise it doesn't respond to any input from the keyboard. :)
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Since the Mamba has onboard memory, I'm betting that the BIOS is identifying it as a flash drive and trying to boot from it. Try enabling legacy USB (if you want it enabled) then check your boot order and your HDD boot order. I'm willing to bet the mouses onboard memory is showing up as a hard drive to the BIOS and is set to boot before your actual hard drive.
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    Since the Mamba has onboard memory, I'm betting that the BIOS is identifying it as a flash drive and trying to boot from it. Try enabling legacy USB (if you want it enabled) then check your boot order and your HDD boot order. I'm willing to bet the mouses onboard memory is showing up as a hard drive to the BIOS and is set to boot before your actual hard drive.

Why didn't I think of that? ;)
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    :P

yes, yes, we both identified the same source of the problem. I was just pointing out a different (and more permanent) solution since he wants legacy usb turned on.