e3 2010

Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
edited June 2010 in Community
I just wanted to express my gratitude to everyone covering e3 this year. The coverage has been top notch. Good job everyone! :rockon:

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Hell yes. Very proud of our team on the ground.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    :D

Thanks Cliff. I tell you, it has been astounding to be well rested and such thanks to an actual hotel that didn't blow all kinds of balls. Last year, our crappy hotel literally crippled us.
  • CharshieCharshie Hollywood, California Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Thanks Cliff!! Sure was a lot of fun to be able to cover the event.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I would like to second the Good Job!

The only thing I would like to see more of in the future is more video or pictures from the event. I really liked getting to see the video of our IC guys playing Rock Band 3.
    edited June 2010
    I agree, Zanthain. We NEED more video. We have some very serious issues right now that need to become our immediate priority when it comes to covering events like this.

I need a camera. My point and shoot died when I moved to CA, so I didn't have a camera at my side this year to shoot video. This is the first time in seven years that I haven't had that ability. So my own video coverage lacked as a result.

We need a good, compact camera that has a microphone input. Ryan had a point and shoot, and Rob brought his small camcorder. Both shot decent video, but neither had optional mic input. At a show like this, things are just too loud to shoot without a microphone. Without a mic, interviews are worthless. Take a look at our interview video of Doug Lombardi from last year - you can hardly hear what he was saying, and that was in a private booth to boot.

We need a centralized shooter and editor. Personally, I'd love to be this guy. My laptop completely fails at video editing, and needs to be replaced. But if one person was shooting and editing ,we could crank out the video footage while others met with exhibitors and such.

The issues are crippling right now. We know video is something that we absolutely need to get on top of. Money is the factor preventing these upgrades, but when they are rectified, things will certainly improve.
  • NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Even just having someone with a cheap little audio recorder to grab bits and pieces and put up a daily E3 podcast or something, would be tits. Not that I'm complaining, you guys are getting some great stuff even without fancy toys!
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Did anyone play NFS:Hot Pursuit. Really interested in impressions, criterion makes really good games but I was completely disappointed in paradise.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    UPSLynx wrote:
    We need a good, compact camera that has a microphone input.
    You mean like my compact HD camera with mic input I could've shipped you? :range:
    edited June 2010
    Yes, a lot like that. I considered it, but it made me a little weary shipping such a thing. Plus, there was that whole driving across country thing that commanded my attention leading up to the event.

But ultimately, I just need my own camera as well. I need a setup. From a staff perspective, I shoot and edit the most stuff, and have a strong background in video production. (well, CB can laim most claims to that kind of stuff as well). I shouldn't be relying on everyone else to cover me all the time, I need to get to a position where I can be ready at any time.

Get job, get camera, pwn world. Culture.
    edited June 2010
    K, I didn't play it, lines were really long, but I did watch a lot of it while waiting to see Crysis 2. The game looks really good. I loved the original NFS:HP. The graphics engine looks better than it ever has, and that old familiar NFS driving style seems perfectly intact.

The multiplayer concept is awesome. Pitting a cop driver vs. a getaway driver is sweet, and the community system that have in place sounds pretty epic. I'm not sure how I feel about the "weapons" they added, I know I saw the cop use some sort of burst attack, probably an EMP, that screwed up the other driver. Other than that, everything looks like it's coming along nicely.