Street Fighter 4

CaffranCaffran Kansas City Member
edited July 2010 in Gaming
I got street fighter 4 on the steam deals. Does anyone know some good controllers/ gamepads so I do not have to play it on the keyboard?

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    http://gaming.icrontic.com/articles/mod-madcatz-se-fightstick

:D

Really though, the Madcatz fightpads are really nice if you don't want to go for the joystick. They have six buttons on the top of the pad and are customized with SF art on them. They can be found online for pretty decent prices, usually aroud $30.

Also, I'm UPSLynx on Windows Live.
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited July 2010
    the "best" controller is the one that you are most comfortable with.

That being said, for the controller route many people like the xbox 360 controller (the wired one for about $30) or they opt for a ps2 controller with a usb adapter (simple cheap and reliable) or even a ps3 controller (good controller but finicky with the usb on a computer)

If you wanted to go with the joystick route i did a wall of text explanation here. http://icrontic.com/forum/showpost.php?p=736542
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I've got the game, I use a 360 controller, I'm not that good though. Ninjakingcola on Windows Live
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I use the 360 official mad catz pad

The D pad is a deep dish design, think the old Sega Saturn, and I just think the six button layout is necessary. The buttons are big and kind of flattened out. Its a good experience if you don't have the budget for the stick, or if your a more casual player like me.

My one criticism is that the controller is a little on the light and hollow side, its only going to be a matter of time before it breaks, like all products from Mad Catz, construction is at very least questionable, but, for $35 its still doing what I paid for months latter, and I can even pull of the Zangief spinning pile drivers with it, so I suppose that speaks for the quality of the D Pad, its really good.