So which temp is the correct one

edited July 2010 in Hardware
So i opened coretemp today and noticed that my temps where very high. I mean it was like 41C at idle. So i installed Aisuite from asus and this program reports my cpu at idle to be at 27C. So what program is the correct one. Coretemp that is famus for its correct results or Aisuite that is from Asus and since the mobo is asus it should show the correct value

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I believe Coretemp and Realtemp over anything a board manuf sends.
  • JingallsJingalls Eugene, OR
    edited July 2010
    Coretemp shows my temp at 15C idle right now, which I don't really believe. That's about what AMDOverdrive tells me as well though. I don't think my temps should be that low, considering i'm using a stock cpu cooler.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Jingalls wrote:
    Coretemp shows my temp at 15C idle right now, which I don't really believe. That's about what AMDOverdrive tells me as well though. I don't think my temps should be that low, considering i'm using a stock cpu cooler.

Is it on a cool room? I mean 15C is equal to about 59F, thats a nice chilly room. Logic dictates you cant have it any cooler than ambient, and even the most efficient air cooled CPU's rise a few degrees C after just a short period of idling, so unless its winter and the windows are open, I would guess something is off.
  • edited July 2010
    Well i am as u can see a thermaltake LCS. Room temerature is 25c (A/C). So 27C cpu temp should be correct right?. I mean 41-43 seems a lot and i dont have overclocked cpu
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    airoh69 wrote:
    Well i am as u can see a thermaltake LCS. Room temerature is 25c (A/C). So 27C cpu temp should be correct right?. I mean 41-43 seems a lot and i dont have overclocked cpu

So you have an E6850, and your water cooling it right? Ambient air temp is about 25C? You are measureing the idle temps right? Not under load?

Have you checked what temps the bios register on reboot?
  • edited July 2010
    So you have an E6850, and your water cooling it right? Ambient air temp is about 25C? You are measureing the idle temps right? Not under load?

Have you checked what temps the bios register on reboot?

Its the E8400. Yes its with the watercooling. I am measuring the idle temps not the under load. I have checked the bios readings and it shows around 30C. Also how to i stop it to downgrade my system on idle. I checked cpu-z now and on idle it shows my cpu running at 2ghz and my ram at 400mhz