Stuck in windows loading screen...

kless001kless001 Midwest-USA Member
edited July 2010 in Hardware
Built my system March of 09' and everything has been smooth since then.

I use Vista 64bit pro.

I always shutdown my computer when I leave for extended periods of time. I came back from Milwaukee a few nights ago and upon booting up the computer, I noticed it was stuck in the windows loading screen for a very long time. After an hour I gave up. Upon restarting and inserting the original vista bootup disc I bought, nothing happens. Before the computer gets stuck on the windows loading screen, I get the black screen with the message "windows error, a recent update might be the problem please insert your windows boot disk and restart"

It gives me the option to....

"Start windows with safe mode"
"start windows with safe mode and core drivers"
"start windows with last known succesful boot settings"
"Start windows normally"

All of these choices result in a loading screen, "the green bar keeps moving making it seem like things are loading" but after 1/2 hour and even an hour nothing happens. Trying safe mode just freezes the screen.

Any help will be appriciated. Entering bios or setup gives me no warning or information, it just shows that my system is operating at 50 degrees celcius and the voltage in my 4 cores is normal.

-Kless

:confused2

Comments

• kless001kless001 Midwest-USA Member
    edited July 2010
    Sorry, I use Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit.

When I bootup my computer with the original windows disc nothing happens, I even used the other dvd drive and still nothing happened.