Redemption! A new Avatar is born. "The Legend of Korra" announced by Nickelodeon

Comments

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Yusssssssssssss
  • edited July 2010
    This is great news. I absolutely loved the first series and this sounds like a great continuation of that franchise. Anything to get the bad taste out of my mouth from that terrible movie.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    This is win if there ever was win to be won.
  • ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I just hope this doesn't mean there's going to be a sequel to the movie.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    steampunk

*head assplode*
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I try to watch the original series but every time i turn it on sarah says its stupid, mocks me, and tells me to turn it off.
    edited July 2010
    MAGIC wrote:
    I try to watch the original series but every time i turn it on sarah says its stupid, mocks me, and tells me to turn it off.
    Wutadik.
  • lunchb0xlunchb0x Lansing, MI New
    edited July 2010
    bueno.jpg
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Sarah is wrong, wrong, wrong. Tell her to get back in the kitchen and make you a sammich so you can watch Avatar while eating a delicious sammich.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Do want!
  • Foxy-KFoxy-K Frostbite Falls
    edited July 2010
    That sounds awesome, can't wait to watch.
  • edited July 2010
    Jizzfest.

It's about time Nickelodeon revived the only worthwhile series in years.
  • edited July 2010
    I saw steampunk in there. Avatar and steampunk...came
  • edited July 2010
    hopefully m night shayamalami wont get his hand on it
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    If I ever see "jizzfest" and "Nickelodeon" in the same post again... :wtf:
    edited July 2010
    It was a failed, VERY short-run Nick gameshow. Didn't do well at all.
    edited July 2010
    Oh god. I hope they didn't follow their obsession with pouring goo all over people.
    edited July 2010
    I miss the days when Nick did the slime thing. Much better shows back then, exception Avatar.
  • edited July 2010
    I hope it rocks like Avatar: The last Airbender did.
  • KoreishBrad Meyer I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    CB
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    September isn't here soon enough.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    edited July 2013
    fur srs, Avatar and Korra probably one of the best cartoon series I have ever seen. Anyone else sad they didn't get to see Korra go all pissy Avatar mode in Season 1?

Also I really like the way they did the trailer.

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

Shit son, I didn't even know there was a Season 3. Luckily Nickalodeon finally wised up and put all the old episodes on their website, for free.

Now that three full seasons are out, I started watching it. I'm on Season 2 so far.

Season one felt awfully rushed. I feel like character development (the hallmark of The Last Airbender) has taken a backseat to showing off how cool bending is and being more about the cool effects and martial arts. There is way more on-screen time devoted to fighting than to dialog and character building.

I don't like the fact that the Avatar is just insta-Avatar right from the beginning. There's no sense of adventure or growing and learning like there was with Aang and his friends.

I'll reserve judgment until I finish the whole thing, but for now I'm kind of disappointed by Korra.

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

Remind Scream at me to watch the air bender thing eventually. I saw a good portion of what I think was season 1 a few years ago and thought it was really good. Then life happened and I don't remember anything about the show aside from fire wizards.

The Last Airbender is one of the greatest storytelling triumphs in the history of animation. It is truly moving and superb.

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

Added to the list of shows I'll probably never get around to watching which includes Twin Peaks, Gargoyles, The X-Files, and Breaking Bad.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

I need to "completely" see Avatar: The Last Airbender. I've seen most of it but missed quite a bit of it in between.