I just found out Eric Chahi has a new game in the works!

Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
edited September 2010 in Gaming
Okay, might be old news to some here, but its news to me. Eric Chahi who is responsible for the classic title Another World, sometimes refered to as Out of this World, is working on a new title that launches in 2011. He also did a similar title on the Playstation called Heart of Darkness which I felt was highly undervalued by mainstream gamers.

Going back to Another World. That title is a title so important, so ahead of its time, so extrodinary in so many aspects, that I am hyped for any game that may have been dancing around in this guys head for the past twenty or so years. It looks like a new take on God gaming called From Dust.

Anyone else as intrigued as I am?

Comments

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Tech Demo Footage

I've been following it off and on. Supposed to be the closest spiritual successor to Populous, a game I never played.
  • CBCB
    <3 Populous
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    <3 Populous
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    CB wrote:
    * CB <3 Populous

CB, I thought this might appeal to you. I'm really intrigued. Its a much different looking title than Another World was, but it was just one of those titles that had such a deep effect on me. Honestly, I think the argument as games as art, really began with Another World, its that important.

Everything Eric Chahi has touched has been quality. Seeing that he has been away for a long time, planning a comeback, I can't imagine From Dust as being anything short of brilliant.

Definitely one for the review radar.