Classes and Server for IC Guild on Cataclysm

ZenModeZenMode Royal Oak, Mi Icrontian
edited January 2011 in Gaming
Why am I posting a picture of my badass level 1 Human Warrior?

BECAUSE HE'S SAVING MY NAME FOR CATA, BITCHES!!!

So the plan I'm posing is this: Cataclysm release, we all roll Alliance on Kel'Thuzad

I'll be rolling a Worgen Warrior tank (Or healing Priest, depending on what everyone else wants to roll).

What class is everyone interested in playing? Keep in mind, we'd need two tanks (possibly one OS tank) - and two healers (with one OS healer for fights that require 3).

Relevant changes:

1 Raid night
10 Man only (Hell yes.)
5-6 Hour raid

Post what you're playing!

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    so, we have a new Guildmaster on Tortheldrin?
  • ZenModeZenMode Royal Oak, Mi Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    fatcat wrote:
    so, we have a new Guildmaster on Tortheldrin?

No, the idea is that we'd all go together - if everyone is on board that is.

We'd shift over all our guild funds and get this party started~
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    I could see this being a fun way of getting into the new world/story of Cata. Leveling with others is less of a chore as we all know. Add the fact that most things are supposed to be totally different and I think it could be a good time.

If enough people aren't into doing this as our guild thing, I think I might still be up for running a new char through anyways along with getting ready for raiding or whatever we plan on doing if we stay on Tortheldrin.

Also, new vote option:

Spencer is a delicate flower.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    I'm in - but I'll only have 1-2 nights a week to level up. Would people be willing to level up that slowly as a group?

I'm not down for being out of the group for another 2 month period to catch up because I don't have all the time in the world to spend a whole week (sleep? work?) leveling.

I propose we spend the time we had set aside for raiding as designated level up time - Sunday/Monday nights.
    edited September 2010
    and of those who don't go, or for those non-icrontians still on Torth, does our GB just get drained to support the Alliance guild?

or maybe a better way to ask, those of us who stay on Tortheldrin in the Icrontic guild, what then? Do we need to find a new GM? Do we get to keep the Guild Bank and it's contents?

I'm curious to why the Faction AND Realm change?
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited September 2010
    The raid time IS the level up time. My proposal is we have target brackets and although you don't have to level just during designated time, you stay within the target area so we can do dungeons together at the very least.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Myrmidon is crying very badly over this news.

I, on the other hand, have no idea what any of this means.
    edited September 2010
    fatcat wrote:
    and of those who don't go, or for those non-icrontians still on Torth, does our GB just get drained to support the Alliance guild?

I took out the 10k Dontbescured put in there so I can return it to him, but other than that - we all worked together to build those funds, if you want to get nitty-gritty about it we'd have to split them up proportionally on how many members were staying/going.

I was also going to offer to move any stuff/money you'd like to move on one of my characters when I move it over to KT.
    fatcat wrote:
    or maybe a better way to ask, those of us who stay on Tortheldrin in the Icrontic guild, what then? Do we need to find a new GM? Do we get to keep the Guild Bank and it's contents?

If we were all agreeing (or the vast majority of us) to roll new characters/transfer over to Kel'Thuzad (most people I talked to about it seemed like they wanted to reroll rather than xfer, but xfers would be fine too) then this "chapter" - or whatever you want to call it - would be retired unless someone wants to grow it and use it actively. I wouldn't really want the IC tag to become someone's bank alt guild.

I started liquidating the mats that won't transfer well into the expansion so that the guild bank has more raw funds in general (even if those get divided).
    fatcat wrote:
    I'm curious to why the Faction AND Realm change?
    For funsies - different experience, different people, same great group of friends to share it with.
    edited September 2010
    I vote that you guys don't change servers, kill your accounts, and start playing TF2 again.
    edited September 2010
    UPSLynx wrote:
    I vote that you guys don't change servers, kill your accounts, and start playing TF2 again.

SPY HERE~
    edited September 2010
    Zen, thank you for the breaking down explanations. :thumbsup:

I haven't decided if I will even get Cata, and the thought of being alliance pansy better racial bitches irks me, but the Dwarves do like their ale and can be OP Paladins ;)
    edited September 2010
    fatcat wrote:
    thought of being alliance pansy better racial bitches irks me

I called that one :D
    edited September 2010
    I called that one :D

He actually did.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    What class is everyone planning on playing when we re-roll? I want to heal so I am thinking either Priest or Pally.

I need to get the Heirlooms so I have to make a choice soon.
    edited September 2010
    Heirlooms may not be an issue as we will be on a new server and paying money to transfer a character over with heirlooms is pretty rough... I currently do not plan on transferring over heirlooms unless everyone else is, leveling is suppose to be fast enough it should not matter.

I'll keep an updated list of people's class choices AFAIK them for reference:

Steve: Mage or Rogue
    Spencer: Shaman (Draenei)
    Eli: Priest
    Ryan: Druid
    Dan: Paladin (Draenei)
    Anne: Dps/Tank of sorts?
    Jimmy: Druid
    Andrew: Hunter or Warlock
    Greg: Pally or DK (Tank/DPS)
    Katie: ?
    Scott: ?
    Eddy: ?

Just post below your intentions (they are not binding).
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Is KT an east coast server? Would be nice to see some lower latencies if we do a server switch.
  • DarthvalthorDarthvalthor cincinnati
    edited September 2010
    lets do it on skullcrusher
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    I wouldn't mind trying out Druid.
    edited September 2010
    pragtastic wrote:
    Is KT an east coast server? Would be nice to see some lower latencies if we do a server switch.

Its a MST server, so its kinda between all ends of our players - we should get relatively even latency
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Guess if I do this I'll need to pew pew or something. Maybe tank. Fuckers.
    edited September 2010
    Planning druid. Ele/Resto/Kitteh. No tank unless its needed.
    edited September 2010
    Annes wrote:
    Guess if I do this I'll need to pew pew or something. Maybe tank. Fuckers.

How very vague. You do know the alliance doesn't have Taurens... Right? You'll have to play a Gnome :D.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    NO COW, NO ANNES.
    edited September 2010
    Annes wrote:
    NO COW, NO ANNES.

Man... she's really having a... oh nevermind, if anne isn't gonne be here there is no use in being punny.
    edited September 2010
    Annes wrote:
    NO COW, NO ANNES.

:(
    edited September 2010
    UPSLynx, Alliance have the blue alien Avatar race.
    annes, which have tails

Spence, you can put me down as a tank (paly or DK). fast queues FTW! (if I get cata)
    edited September 2010
    Will do:

For all those interested, the following people have told me they want to tank: Anne, Myrmi-dan, Ryan, and Greg... We're going to have to sort this out. :P

The two who told us first (of there interest to tank) were Dan and Ryan. Ryan has volunteered up his slot so next in line was Anne. This is not to say that those are the two but in terms of dibs they are prioritized. Discuss amongst yourselves.

(3 tanks, 2 main and one off, are optimal for the type of raiding we do.)

As for queues: There are not going to be queue issues upon release, on top of this we'll be running our own 5 mans quite often so I am not seeing an issue finding room in a group. If that is your only reason to play a tank or healer keep this in mind...

We are currently hemorrhaging on tanks/healers. Although this is a factor keep in mind that playing what you want to play is much more important (and conducive to smiling faces) than playing what we need.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Shit, if were good on healers and tanks I'll go either Huntard or Warlock.
    edited September 2010
    fatcat wrote:
    UPSLynx, Alliance have the blue alien Avatar race.

IN.
    edited September 2010
    lets do it on skullcrusher

What class did you want to play, Eddie?