Official Icrontic Minecraft Server

Comments

• UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Plus the only reason you got a beef Bandrik is because you cant see your house on the map. WHO CARES IF YOU CAN SEE YOUR HOUSE OR NOT ON THE FRICKEN MAP!!! I don't know if I speak for everyone else but I do not play this game just to make it look good on a map. BA!!!
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    UPS Hitman wrote:
    What vote and who made you a "founder" Frankly I am getting a tad annoyed by your "founderness" I DID NOT build it to be a dick I built it because it was within the rules. This server is getting WAYYY too political and its taking all the fun out of it. So don't politely say I am being a dick cuz with your rule #4 comment, that really gets under my skin!

Look, all I'm trying to do is take into consideration what others may want out of this little village we made. I'm not in charge here, and I don't want to be in charge either. We all have our wants and needs here: some want to keep ocean views, others want tall buildings, or shorter ones.

The point of the Icrontiville was to make some fun little houses, a place to meet and trade if we'd like. We all know that we can build our grand projects on other places, especially since 11x11 plots aren't a lot.

As far as being an "founder", I... kind of am. It's primarily K's project, and a few of us worked together to decide things like plot size, if we wanted a town square, what it would look like, etc. A group effort. All I was saying was that I was there when the cobblestone was laid out, and shared with them the foresight of what we expected the place to look like when we're done.

Regarding not seeing my own house: my house is a tiny stone block. It's not important to me for it to stand out in any way. But your tower will block more than my house, so multiple people are affected. They may not care, or they may care a lot. Remember, I wasn't the first to point out there was a tall tower, and ask if there should be a ceiling cap to prevent tall towers.

But enough. We're taking this too seriously. I'll back out and let it take its course.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I will place more torches in my tree. If it does not remedy the problem, I will tear it down and build something else. No big deal. Keep me updated on it if you see anything.

Now, are we really having this discussion? There is no build height limit, which was explicitly stated, and whining about someone building too high is asinine. Play the game and have fun with your own project. Good Lord people, this is NOT something worth debating over, let alone starting a vote for.

We have Icrontictown so the community can build together and express their own creative desires. The diversity is what will make this unique and special. Not the laws that squelch that.
    edited December 2010
    And also, "founders" are irrelevant. This is not a dictatorship.
    edited December 2010
    amen lynx
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    UPSLynx wrote:
    This bullcrap has GOT to stop. it isn't funny. It isn't cute. It isn't excusable. Above is what's left of Kingpin's elaborate forest home. Funny how similar this is to my home tree burning down a second time. No one seems to know what happened, no one wants to fess up.

This crap is over. I don't care why it happened, I don't care how it was started, but this will NOT continue.

Yes. I'm mad. I'm furious. If you guys can't play by the rules, then don't log on.

I want there to be much stricter requirements before letting someone on the whitelist. I want only TRUSTWORTHY players that don't have a mind to ruin everyone else's work.

And here's how we're going to fix this. Ryder, do you have access to player connection logs from the server? We can pinpoint everyone who was on. You posted the image of the server map at 11:03PM EST. The image clearly shows Kingpin's forest intact. It is now 1:45AM EST. Some point in those two and a half hours a player was in the server and started this fire.

I want a list of those players. I don't wish to imply that anyone here has been the cause of this fire, but I do hope to have the truth, and I hope someone has the common courtesy to step up about this.

We start the new server tomorrow. This little trend will not continue. I suggest we install the script that auto-saves a copy every hour or so, and I suggest we ban flint and steel. It's been nothing but trouble since the start.

I apologize for being short on all of this (lol6foot7), but for those who have never had their work vandalized in this game, you have no idea how rage-inducing it is to have your stuff ruined.

UPSLynx wrote:
    There is no build height limit, which was explicitly stated, and whining about someone building too high is asinine. Play the game and have fun with your own project. Good Lord people, this is NOT something worth debating over, let alone starting a vote for.

Wow Lynx you sound like McCain on don't ask don't tell. "Yes I will repeal it" "Shut up this isn't the time to repeal, the military doesn't have to the right to tell us how to run the military"
    edited December 2010
    UPSLynx wrote:
    And also, "founders" are irrelevant. This is not a dictatorship.

You are wrong. This is for the greater good.

...the greater good...

WyAbR.jpg
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    _k_ wrote:
    Wow Lynx you sound like McCain on don't ask don't tell. "Yes I will repeal it" "Shut up this isn't the time to repeal, the military doesn't have to the right to tell us how to run the military"

I don't think that's quite accurate, Lynx didn't pull a complete 180... that said, I do agree that it seems building some massive tower violates the "spirit" of what the village was supposed to be for. Or at least my understanding of what the village was supposed to be for (safe place to stash your stuff, trade, etc. NOT a place to build your own personal project). Especially when you have an endless world out there in which you can build whatever the eff you want.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    This is fucking insanity.

Founders? Hypocrisy accusations? Begging for enterprise-level backups and maps? Calling a vote?

Is this the Icrontic Minecraft neighborhood association?

This game is the digital equivalent of PLAYING BLOCKS. That does not mean we all need to run around and act like we're five-year-olds still playing with them.

If you don't like what's happening on the server, don't play. Go to another plot of land. Move somewhere else.

Let me tell you a story:

Once upon a time I bought Minecraft after discovering it on Reddit. I told Jimmy, Spencer and Bobby to buy it. I started a server for us. It was a bunch of cool dudes building shit and having a good time.

Then came people like CB and Black Hawk, who were also cool dudes that liked to build shit and have a good time.

Then came the duping. Then the fires. Then the bourgeoisie pissing contest about outdoing the other guy increasingly elaborate, gigantic, lavish structures. Then killing other people with traps so they lose their crap.

At what point did people start losing perspective on the build shit and have a good time part? What happened to digging sweet mines? Building castles together?

What surreality do you people live in? Get fucking real. This is 21st century legos. Build cool things together. Do cool things together. Have fun together.

So what if Hitman wanted to build a skyscraper? So what if it violates some unwritten, unsaid, unknown perception that you had about Icrontictown?

The Icrontic Minecraft server has been a runaway success, but if you can't see that crap like this has turned away long-time players and risks jeopardizing the server's future success, you need to sit down and think a while.

Grow up, people. God damn.
    edited December 2010
    I think the real point of the city is that what you build is kind of a representation of what you would build out in the world or a direct reflection of your attitude created in game.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I have to chime in and say that small houses was kind of the point of the central Icronticville. If you want to build something insane, nobody wants to stop you, but giant towers (I mentioned penis towers, specifically, but they're all pretty phallic, really) are kind of against the spirit of what we built.

It's just like a non-planned community. While there aren't specific rules as to the type of house you can build, many of the other residents might not appreciate it if someone builds an 18-room, 5 story tall mansion with sirens and flame-throwers on the roof.
    edited December 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    I do agree that it seems building some massive tower violates the "spirit" of what the village was supposed to be for. Or at least my understanding of what the village was supposed to be for (safe place to stash your stuff, trade, etc. NOT a place to build your own personal project). Especially when you have an endless world out there in which you can build whatever the eff you want.

That was pretty much how I interpreted K's town project as well. Everyone spreads out for their own space quickly and the map grows even faster, so a centralized village to store stuff and trade was a great idea.

Taking it one step further, I was under the impression we were going to have a town like this around spawn, with the spawn point being in the center of the town square (instead of the fountain we have now)... but that turned out to be infeasible since spawn is up against a mountain and it would have taken way too much time to excavate the whole thing.
    edited December 2010
    I resent the implication that I'm in any way a part of the decline of the server. You have questioned my honour Thrax. This day has been long coming. I challenge you to a duel! PISTOLS AT DAWN!

derp.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I blame you specifically and completely. Just FYI.
    edited December 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    I resent the implication that I'm in any way a part of the decline of the server. You have questioned my honour Thrax. This day has been long coming. I challenge you to a duel! PISTOLS AT DAWN!

derp.

TNT Cannons at dawn?
    edited December 2010
    CerealGuy9.png?1261096510
    edited December 2010
    ardichoke wrote:

derp.

I see your derp, and I raise you a herp. TO ARMS!
    edited December 2010
    nerd-fight_thumb.jpg
    edited December 2010
    TNT Cannons at dawn?

Eff that, we should have a dual to the death... with fish!
    edited December 2010
    By the way, I want to take a moment to say that, all drama aside, I <3 you guys. The fact that everyone is passionate about what they do, even in Virtual Lego Land games, is in itself rather cool.

Also post-drama funny pictures are awesome.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    LOL Fishfight, whatever the weapon of choice turns out to be, the venue will be the Icronticage. An MMA arena for epic battles. Coming soon just south of spawn.

-Digi
    edited December 2010
    Thrax wrote:
    This is fucking insanity.

Founders? Hypocrisy accusations? Begging for enterprise-level backups and maps? Calling a vote?

Is this the Icrontic Minecraft neighborhood association?

This game is the digital equivalent of PLAYING BLOCKS. That does not mean we all need to run around and act like we're five-year-olds still playing with them.

If you don't like what's happening on the server, don't play. Go to another plot of land. Move somewhere else.

Let me tell you a story:

Once upon a time I bought Minecraft after discovering it on Reddit. I told Jimmy, Spencer and Bobby to buy it. I started a server for us. It was a bunch of cool dudes building shit and having a good time.

Then came people like CB and Black Hawk, who were also cool dudes that liked to build shit and have a good time.

Then came the duping. Then the fires. Then the bourgeoisie pissing contest about outdoing the other guy increasingly elaborate, gigantic, lavish structures. Then killing other people with traps so they lose their crap.

At what point did people start losing perspective on the build shit and have a good time part? What happened to digging sweet mines? Building castles together?

What surreality do you people live in? Get fucking real. This is 21st century legos. Build cool things together. Do cool things together. Have fun together.

So what if Hitman wanted to build a skyscraper? So what if it violates some unwritten, unsaid, unknown perception that you had about Icrontictown?

The Icrontic Minecraft server has been a runaway success, but if you can't see that crap like this has turned away long-time players and risks jeopardizing the server's future success, you need to sit down and think a while.

Grow up, people. God damn.

*hug*
    edited December 2010
    Thrax speaks the truth.

Also, I nostalgia'd.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I was playing Minecraft before it was cool to play Minecraft.
    edited December 2010
    CB wrote:
    I was playing Minecraft before it was cool to play Minecraft.

Shhh, don't let Lynx know it's cool to play Minecraft. As soon as he does, he has to stop cuz it's not indie enough for him anymore. :vimp:
    edited December 2010
    Bandrik wrote:
    Shhh, don't let Lynx know it's cool to play Minecraft. As soon as he does, he has to stop cuz it's not hipster enough for him anymore. :vimp:

FTFY
    edited December 2010
    UPS Hitman wrote:
    *hug*

You know he's Canadian now, right?

I mean... eww.
    edited December 2010
    Hitman is now infested with terrible Canadian diseases. Soon he shall start referring to ham as bacon... soon after the "eh"s will start... then it will be too late to save him.
    edited December 2010
    I don't know what the hell you guys are talking aboot, but it sounds scary.
    edited December 2010
    Be afraid. Be very afraid. Eh?

Oh crap. It's happening to me, too!

Blargh! Where's my toque?!

Help?!
This discussion has been closed.