Official Icrontic Minecraft Server

Comments

• BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    By the way, guys... I wanted to apologize if I've somehow overstepped my bounds today, or was the cause of too much drama. It wasn't my intentions. That is all.
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Hey, if we're getting a map soon, could I also get a vertical view please?
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I don't know what you guys are talking about.

Hey CB, I pruned my tree to not preside over your oven house :D
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Tonight, Best night in a long time. Lynx got lost so 4 of us banded together and trekked into the wilderness to find our lost brother. We ended up finding him, Cola set off fireworks.

I was then wondering around and went about 4 days trip out of town, got lost and ended up taking quite a few nights to get back. I was able to find some landmarks and with the help of Mr Winfrey I made it home. Epic journey and I got some product for the Farmers Market.

-Digi
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    A good night indeed.

For different reasons though.

I managed to construct walls around Ardichoke Keep (aka: DickKeep.... though you'd have to stop out to see why). It's due north of the giant floating Cola sign.
    edited December 2010
    I also mapped out 8 more plots in the city. The 4 to the North (towards spawn) got swooped up pretty quick. One of them is yours TT, Arguably the best plot as you are right next to future site of the rail station. The last I saw earlier tonight all four plots in second row to the South and 1 in the SE corner were available.

The 4 on the East side will need a mountain cleared to add if we need more plots.

-Digi
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Also thanks to Ryder and TT especially for figuring out the minecarts. I rode around in them for a good 10-15 minutes and they were a blast. If you guys need coal/iron or anything to help make more railways, the Hand of Nod is open for your use.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    One of them is yours TT, Arguably the best plot as you are right next to future site of the rail station.

Ah, cool thanks.

And no prob, getting an incredibly complex but cool minecart system is a fun challenge :)

It should come along nicely, when I have some more time to expand it.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    T_T, there is a double chest at the Central station, still has 128+ pieces of track, some wood, and 5 minecarts I believe.

I have redstone I will be adding to it today.
    edited December 2010
    Winfrey wrote:
    Also thanks to Ryder and TT especially for figuring out the minecarts. I rode around in them for a good 10-15 minutes and they were a blast. If you guys need coal/iron or anything to help make more railways, the Hand of Nod is open for your use.

Cool. I think Ryder's got the right idea. The chest there is the best place to donate track.

Also, please note I'm not designating myself as the railroad king or anything. Everyone is welcome to do whatever.

Might be a good idea to coordinate our efforts, is the only reason I'm trying to organize. Doesn't make sense to run 2 lines 100 blocks parallel to each other, etc. (wastes a lot of track, makes finding your way from one part of the system to another more complex than needed, etc)
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Whoever boarded up my staircase to the basement and took out my furnace and work bench, I'd like them & the half-blocks I used to build it back.

I don't mind the ladder being put in, as my original staircase exceeded my boundaries, but anything else within that cobble wall was mine, and I would appreciate it returned ASAP.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    So, I just realized that Icrontictown is most likely built directly over my mob grinder (I wasn't around when you guys picked the spot, otherwise I would've warned you). So, if anyone runs into a massive multi-floored mob creating space under their town home, you'll know why.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I noticed there's a zombie spawner sitting on the ocean floor just off my porch.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Based on Prag's post above, that means.. don't go too deep under your house in Icrontictown :)
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I'll dial 611 for sure.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    ADG, I would talk to your neighbors. I was wondering about the size of your basement when I was down there but assumed you and your neighbor had a plan to build a joint room down there.....and get blazed.
    edited December 2010
    Isn't that what I"m essentially doing here? I have Hitman on one side, and your trading post on the other.
    edited December 2010
    I am so confused, who are you again...whats going on? I thought you had a corner over by Digi?
    edited December 2010
    My sign says "Welcome to Casa De Gruven. Yeah, I live here now"
    edited December 2010
    Oh, are you talking about that random canal that got built on the underside? The first time I saw that all I could think was "What is the purpose of this?"
    edited December 2010
    Hmm... Nope. Under my plot, I had built a staircase down, and then built a mineshaft down through the beach from there.

Someone cobbled up my staircase and took out the furnace and workbench I had within my walls.

My chest appears to be untouched, though.
    edited December 2010
    ojsimpson.jpg
    edited December 2010
    Personally, that's somewhat how I feel about it. Furnaces and workbenches are essentially nothings, and the amount of work I lost is pretty minimal.

But... There's a principal factor here. I had claimed the plot, my sign is in the front door. It should have been left alone.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Whoever boarded up my staircase to the basement and took out my furnace and work bench, I'd like them & the half-blocks I used to build it back.

I don't mind the ladder being put in, as my original staircase exceeded my boundaries, but anything else within that cobble wall was mine, and I would appreciate it returned ASAP.

Hey Alex. I added that wall around your place to put in the subterreanean tunnel/canal that stems from the fountain and just lies below the roads. I put that in a few days ago, when there was only just a few of us in ICtown. The main purpose was to mirror the roads underground, and a way to connect people's basements if they so desire another entrance/exit underground.

I tried to impact your place as little as possible... all I did was take out the bottom block of your staircase, added a ladder so the stairs still worked, and put up the cobblestone wall so the water wouldn't spill into your place. I didn't touch the furnace and work bench, so I'm puzzled as to why they could be missing.

For the sake of the confusion, I'll put a furnace and workbench in your house's chest (assuming you have one, if not I'll make you one). Sorry for the confusion.
    edited December 2010
    That part was fine. I saw that, and I understood that I had exceeded my boundaries on that part. It's a little difficult to tell where you're at when you're in the basement.

Sometime last night, however, someone sealed up my staircase and took out my workbench and furnace.
    edited December 2010
    maybe if you're going to build down in icrontictown, wall off your area to avoid problems.

your responsibility to make sure the corners of the walls are under where the original corner markers were on the plot, then no problems, and 2 meters of buffer between areas for canals/etc.
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    That part was fine. I saw that, and I understood that I had exceeded my boundaries on that part. It's a little difficult to tell where you're at when you're in the basement.

Sometime last night, however, someone sealed up my staircase and took out my workbench and furnace.

Hey Alex this is your friendly neighbor Hitman, I do not know what happened to your stuff. I have built a couple of floors down but I have hardly done anything down there. I will let you know if I find out anything tho. If you need materials I can give you some. I got a lot from mining for my tower.
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    Tonight, Best night in a long time. Lynx got lost so 4 of us banded together and trekked into the wilderness to find our lost brother. We ended up finding him, Cola set off fireworks.

I was then wondering around and went about 4 days trip out of town, got lost and ended up taking quite a few nights to get back. I was able to find some landmarks and with the help of Mr Winfrey I made it home. Epic journey and I got some product for the Farmers Market.

-Digi

INDEED BOBBY!!! That was so much fun. It would have been better if I hadn't fallen to my death in the end tho. HAHAHAHAHAHA
    edited December 2010
    I do not wish to use canals at this point. It's like 5 blocks below ground, Ill use my ladder and walk. I have filled in some of the blocks in the "ally" so there is a wall next to my 11x11 space and water doesn't flow into it. I believe everyone should be responsible for the blocks under the paths directly touching their plot. Meaning fill it in or hollow it out. If you want to work out an agreement with your neighbor, all is good, some neighbors already have and have connected their basements which I think is awesome.

-Digi
  • TonyRockyHorrorTonyRockyHorror Alexandria, VA
    edited December 2010
    I claimed a spot right by the entrance as well, in the shadow of Hitman's tower. Haven't started in earnest on anything with it though. Will be doing that this weekend for sure. I've been working on my branch mine outside of town. I've got a spiral staircase all the way down to level 10 I've got a main tunnel of about 40 blocks long, with about 10 branches off each side.
This discussion has been closed.