Official Icrontic Minecraft Server

Comments

• SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited March 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    Updated bukkit to a newer "recommended" build. There was some issues going on with the resolvers at work yesterday which was likely causing the problems. Should be fixed now. Let me know if there are further problems.
    I'm the only one on the server and it wont let me destroy blocks.
    I can only remove torches and repeaters on the ground if I destroy the block underneath it. If i simply remove the torch, or remove many torches, the game hangs and then places the torch back where it was.

pain in the butt.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    I can't log in to test anything right at the moment (at work). Can anyone confirm what Strife is saying? If not, it's probably a slow/saturated connection on your end Strife.
    edited March 2011
    its not my connection, as the redstone based blocks are always removed if I destroy the stone underneath them, but not removed if I do not.
    if it was lag, destroying 2 blocks isnt going to help
  • edited March 2011
    Yes, that is an issue, it seems to be 1.3 bukkit related, but blocks seem to reappear. After hitting them, sometimes no. There might have been a posted initial 1.3 release since that helps with this. It appears to be the same lag problem experienced in alpha. Also, any chance with the whitelisting of kamioftime?
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    I just hopped on for a few minutes and didn't have any problems.

DoubleOBond, you will want to do any whitelist requests in the Whitelist Request thread

-Digi
  • edited March 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    I just hopped on for a few minutes and didn't have any problems.

DoubleOBond, you will want to do any whitelist requests in the Whitelist Request thread

-Digi

Thanks, requested over there.
    edited March 2011
    Its definitely a software problem, as occasionally the blocks can be removed by going one block down, for instance, I am working on a minecart track that suddenly cannot be removed. Occasionally if I remove the blocks underneath then the track is removed with the block.
    But still, there are blocks that I place and can now no longer remove...the server must love those blocks too much.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    I can't log in to test anything right at the moment (at work). Can anyone confirm what Strife is saying? If not, it's probably a slow/saturated connection on your end Strife.

I had same problem on Monday, gave up. Rail, dirt... it all comes back.
    edited March 2011
    I upgraded the server to the latest recommended build (the one the test server has been running for the past few days). Also updated the plugins to the latest builds running on the test server. Dunno if that's going to take care of the problems or not....
  • edited March 2011
    Cool, will let you know
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Seems to work ok
  • ChemriofChemriof Soviet Scotland
    edited March 2011
    I can't get on for some reason. I keep getting:
    "Failed to connect to the server
    Connection Refused: Connect"

Edit: Fixed
    edited March 2011
    Seems the service hit it's memory limit and shut down. Restarted it.
  • LoanstarrLoanstarr Ohio
    edited March 2011
    Hey there,

Last night I went out and started to gather a ton of red roses for a project my friends and I are working on. I logged on this morning to find my character way back near my home where I had started my journey. I looked in my inventory and had all of the items still from before I put them in a chest to go hunting. Also, all of my roses I had gathered were gone. If it was just a few roses I wouldn't care, but iirc it was almost 5 stacks. I then went out to the first place I gathered roses, because it was close to my place, and the patch that I had gathered from the night before, was not there. I checked a few other of the places I knew to have had roses I picked, and they were gone as well.

Not sure what happened, or if there is a way to get my roses back.

Thanks in advance,

Loanstarr
  • edited March 2011
    character*

Love ya :D
    edited March 2011
    Jerk
    edited March 2011
    I'd wager that when the server went OOM last night and died, it didn't save things and thus you were reverted. Or was this after I restarted the server last night?
    edited March 2011
    I had logged out before both events happened.
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, since the server crashed instead of shutting down cleanly it most likely didn't save things properly.
    edited March 2011
    Loanstarr sad
    edited March 2011
    Is there anyway I can get those red roses back? It kind of took a long time to get ~5 stacks of them. Its the first real big project I have started to work on since becoming a member, and this sort of un-motivates me. If there is nothing you can do, I understand.

- Loanstarr
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    I will have to look at my stock but I will donate at least 2 stacks to the cause. Hop on tonight Loanstarr (6p PDT+)and I will work out getting them to you. I can understand the discouragement. What ya buildin?

-Digi
    edited March 2011
    A big red surprise.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    If it's a giant red phallus, no one will be surprised.
  • GorzoGorzo Columbus, OH
    edited March 2011
    CB wrote:

Please, we're civilized people. We would use pink for that.
  • edited March 2011
    There should be proof on Big Brother of him taking those roses....soooo....I'm sure it wouldn't take too much time to do this.
  • edited March 2011
    CB wrote:

nah CB we build things like boats bigger than castles.
    edited March 2011
    the server is down again...? I'm just walking around mining stuff, should I stay in the same place to reduce load on the server?
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    That really sucks that the roses weren't save... but that's awesome that Mr. Digi is stepping up to help out. You, good sir, rock the house.
    edited March 2011
    I dunno what keeps going on with the server. Last couple days it's just started spewing errors into the server log and (apparently) locking up. I've upped the memory limit for minecraft in case it's a memory issue. If I have to jack it up any farther I'll have to actually get more memory for the server (which I can't afford to do at the moment). As it is right now it's capped at 1.5G which is pretty absurd IMO.
This discussion has been closed.