Official Icrontic Minecraft Server

Comments

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    I also downgraded the server to the previous recommended build of craftbukkit in case that was the problem.
  • edited March 2011
    Also I just tested this nifty plugin that might be of use to you, it has a lot of features that are nice and easy to control from the phone

if you have android phone of course
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Loanstarr, sorry I did not get on last night. Was not feeling well. I'll hop on tonight, if I don't see ya I'll leave them in the market for you.

-Digi
    edited March 2011
    Loanstarr, 3 stacks of Reds waitin for ya in the Farmers Market (near the south entrance of town)

-Digi
  • SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited March 2011
    and the update is out! Cant connect because the server needs the update too!
    There is good news though, they added a creeper to the minecraft logo.
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    YEA!!! WOLVES ARE HERE NOW!!!!
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    I just found and tamed a wolf on single player and man they attack mobs like no other!! except for those blasted creepers! I haven't confirmed that the wolves are on multilayer yet tho.
    edited March 2011
    bukkit has a 1.4 build out, working and recommended. I updated the main server.
  • ChemriofChemriof Soviet Scotland
    edited April 2011
    UPS Hitman wrote:
    I just found and tamed a wolf on single player and man they attack mobs like no other!! except for those blasted creepers! I haven't confirmed that the wolves are on multilayer yet tho.

Yeah, they are in multiplayer, I had 2 spawn in my house, but I lacked bones.
  • LoanstarrLoanstarr Ohio
    edited April 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    Loanstarr, 3 stacks of Reds waitin for ya in the Farmers Market (near the south entrance of town)

-Digi

Thanks man.
  • ChemriofChemriof Soviet Scotland
    edited April 2011
    I need gun powder, does anyone have a mob trap set up?
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    There are several.
    edited April 2011
    Chemriof wrote:
    I need gun powder, does anyone have a mob trap set up?

The closest to spawn that I am aware of:
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    Directions to Hitman's Tower of Doom:

From spawn take Eastern Road to 1st Road (first right)
    Take 1st to Skeleton Road

From town take 2nd Road (upper level of Town rail station) to Skeleton Road

On Skeleton Road, Giant Cobble building will appear on your right
    Entrance is on the North side of the tower.

Please read all signs and follow directions. -snip-

I'll be working with Hitman to make a safe path from Skeleton Road to the grinder in the near future.

-Digi
  • MechfoxMechfox Texas
    edited April 2011
    Okay, I'm kinda wtf right now.

So I logged on and found myself strangely suspended in water...I couldn't seem to swim out of it, so I did the /home trick and got out. Eventually, I wandered down my northbound tunnel and found it...shortened. By how much I can't say...I kept tabs on it by putting up a sign with the date, which is missing, along with my chest and workbench.

I'm not really bothered by the loss, but I am wondering what the hell is going on. I couldn't find cola's retreat on the map, so I don't know if my tunnel was affected by that rollback or not, but I found it odd that an entire section of tunnel seems to have disappeared entirely.

For reference, the new end of my tunnel is at -1022, 6, -333.

EDIT: Now I'm really confused. I seem to recall that I had a small cave of lava that I found AFTER I dug Surface Shaft 4 in my tunnel. It's now popping up BEFORE SS4. I smell an April Fools' joke. Anyone else have things that...aren't right? Granted, I haven't been on in a while, so I could be wrong, but...hmmm...
    edited April 2011
    I'll hop on in a few and take a look

-Digi
  • MechfoxMechfox Texas
    edited April 2011
    Maybe I'm just crazy...everything else seems to be more or less in the right spots.
    edited April 2011
    Everything looks good in my neck of the woods.
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Looks like you hit the rolled back chunk. There's about 59m that was filled in. Sorry I didn't catch it. If you'd like I can tunnel out part of the current world and put the file up for ardi to update.
  • MechfoxMechfox Texas
    edited April 2011
    Ah, so that's what happened. No worries, I'll just plow right back through again. (59m is pretty short for me provided there's no lava to go through.) It was just rather...strange.

In regards to the order of things in my tunnel, I must just be crazy.
  • edited April 2011
    So I just learned we have a minecraft server....add pl0x?

PS: Not new. I'm an admin on the TF2 server. Don't think I've made a forum account until now.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Hi Giggles, welcome to the forum and stuff :D
    edited April 2011
    Is the server down or am I just not able to connect? I can ping the server but can not connect to either world.

Failed to connect to server
    Connection refused: connect

-Digi
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Same here on the main server
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Yup, I can't connect either :(
    edited April 2011
    Hrm.... sorry guys. Not sure WHY but for some reason the server never restarted after it's backup on Sunday. Logs show it shut down as normal for the backup at noon but didn't start back up until after it's scheduled backup today.

Oh, and no moustache, that plugin would not have done a thing to fix the problem. You've tried to push that plugin before. I've looked at it. I don't need or want it installed. Adding remote management capacity to a service that is in beta is a security nightmare and I'm not doing it. It would leave my server gaping wide open like ****** should my firewall rules fail to load for some reason.
  • edited April 2011
    I wasn't referring to the remote portion of it(which you don't have to use), simply the wrapper that it comes with that could cut huge gaps in downtime like this. You don't have to be so snippy, I'm just trying to help and didn't know if you read my post in a random thread somewhere on here.
  • SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited April 2011
    the server does go down a bit as evidenced by how long this thread is.
    Features
    -Almost perfect server uptime with no need for action from an owner/administrator!

I like that part, as I know you're really busy with other things, and dont have time to check in on the server (or this thread).
    edited April 2011
    It's a Beta (Alpha still by many's definitions) game relying on a 3rd party server software.

I, for one, expect and accept the down time. Please don't take my reporting it as complaining.

-Digi
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Just an FYI - server went back down recently with a new error:

Internal exception: java.net.socketException: software caused conneciton abord: recv failed
This discussion has been closed.