8===D
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    8===D

OMGDIKZ!!
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    I can't wait for this update, it looks amazing just from the leaked details on it so far.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    I've yet to see anywhere where it actually says that this update will include fixes to the way multi-player deals with player health. Does anyone have a link to a page which actually confirms that?

Hell is interesting, sure, but it's not compelling enough to bring me back to MP. Only player danger will be able to do that.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    From the word of Notch himself:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49256 <-- <3 This Guy fr doing this

Via Twitter Q&A:
    Damage in multiplayer / SMP for the update:
    Gagtech: "I dont suppose SMP will be getting damage with this halloween update, will it?"
    Notch: "we'll see next week during the crunch."
    Mast3r_Shak3r: "@Gagtech PLEASE WE NEED THIS SOOO BAD!!"
    Notch: "If it's not in for the 31'st, it will be soon after. SMP is highest priority."

-Digi
    edited October 2010
    Hey Ryder, a few questions. Are you all set to make a backup of the server and distribute it before the new patch comes out? If so, when will the cutoff be for any last-minute additions to the Icrontinent before it gets archived away?

I'm working to put a few last-minute touchups on my virtual house, so I wanted to get those in before the cutoff.

Also, how will the archive be distributed? I assume as a .zip or .rar on dropbox, but putting it on a website to download may work as well.

Sorry for all the questions, but as you can tell getting an archive of everyone's hard labors is very VERY important to me. :D
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Read the "fate" thread. We probably will not switch immediately on the 31st (not to mention, I won't be home most of the day).

The server files, all zipped up are over 200MB now. I am only going to upload it once, so I will just put it on a webserver and give everyone the link in a PM.
    edited October 2010
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Read the "fate" thread. We probably will not switch immediately on the 31st (not to mention, I won't be home most of the day).

The server files, all zipped up are over 200MB now. I am only going to upload it once, so I will just put it on a webserver and give everyone the link in a PM.

Sweet, I'll give it a read. Also, the webserver plan sounds great. I appreciate it, man. :vimp:
    edited October 2010
    Somebody test the server for me, I need my laptop to go with me to Detroit.

Moved to another machine.
    edited October 2010
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Somebody test the server for me, I need my laptop to go with me to Detroit.

Moved to another machine.

Just tested it now. Worked fine, loaded fast, and is definitely a recent backup/build. Has my changes from last night.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    More Spoiler Action, Video of "The Slip" (Previously AKA Hell, Still not the finalized name) with the Ghasts, Zombie PigMen and a couple other things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BKba3dh9QY

IndieGames.com writeup: http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2010/10/handson_with_the_minecraft_hal.html

Video: Building and activating a Slip Gate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Um6x9T-yRM

More Traveling using Slip Gates

http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2010/10/moving_between_worlds_in_the_m.html

Bases in The Slip are possible!
    @MisanthropX they wont shoot if they can't see you. Just don't have huge rooms, or they could spawn indoors.

PC Gamer write up with more videos
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/10/29/minecraft-halloween-update-hands-on/

-Digi
  • QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Woah, something that I can do to create things that are so elaborate that they are unnecessary but cool. In.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Server needs to be updated. Biomes are up and running along with new textures.
    edited October 2010
    I downloaded the updated minecraft_server.jar but I don't know what mod Thrax installed, so I believe I need an updated minecraft_mod.jar, if anyone can tell me where to get it, I will fix it, but right now the server no worky.
    edited October 2010
    Here, the post was updated today so I am guessing it is working with the new Halloween update but that is a guess. I haven't updated my server or mod install for a while.
    edited October 2010
    Done, up and running, test it out.
    edited October 2010
    Might be small issue, looks like the max height might have been lowered or I have some stuff glitching on my node that connects to skynet.

EDIT: Yes max height has changed, checked on my own node and the path to IC Castle. Some sections will have to be broken up and lowered several blocks.
    edited October 2010
    Probably just a temporary issue, but I cannot connect right now. It's going between saying "Connection refused: connect" and the occasional "not on whitelist!"

Just letting Ryder know, and checking if anyone else is having the connection issue. I see that Basil had the whitelist issue too.

Update: now it's consistently giving the whitelist error. Maybe I need to be removed and re-added?
    edited October 2010
    Try again, working fine for me. I reloaded the server twice.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    I think the common denominator to all of our problems is
    OCZ RAM
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    I'm now getting 'connection refused: connect'.

Not sure whether that's an improvement or not. :bigggrin:
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Same issue as Basil and Bandrik over here!
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    I think I might have to replace some of the sounds that play while in the Nether. The ones which exist currently grate on my nerves.
    edited November 2010
    Point me in the right direction here.

I downloaded the new minecraft_server.jar and then the minecraft_mod.jar along with like 1 other file (the SQL, I think). Those are the only 3 files I replaced in the directory, am I missing something?
    edited November 2010
    type "reload" into the server console, it is suppose to reload all config files. I have no idea if the reload-interval is even set on the IC server but that is suppose to reload the config files on that interval.

Are you running the bat file instead of the jar?
    edited November 2010
    I also want to make the portals able to teleport players between servers, both on different IPs and just to a different port on the same IP. Player equipment will follow through the portal and everything! (that will be agreed upon between the servers, so they don’t have to trust the client)

^Notch. WWWWHHHHHHAAAAATTTTT!!! BA.
    edited November 2010
    Hey0 has a 1.24 out today, says "fixed whitelist".

Installing now.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Working perfectly now.

Thanks Ryder.

Edit: And back to not working...

Edit of edit: W00T!
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Yay Ryder!
    edited November 2010
    The Whitelist issue is over. Yay, thank you Ryder! :D

So what's next to plague the land? Apparently the server is having some kind of error that boots everyone, throwing everyone the message, "Minecraft Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed".

This is not an uncommon issue. A quick Google search yielded this thread, which had the same issue. May be worth looking into if the problem persists.
This discussion has been closed.