• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    And by the way, fuck rebates! epic_troll.png
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    You jelly?
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    I installed the latest Realtek drivers for the NIC, let's see if that helps.

Prime, you are dead to me.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Aw I don't get any hate?
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    TrollCeeZee.png
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    At least their memory doesn't break.
    edited November 2010
    I hold the fate of your precious creations in my palms.........

Looks like Hey0 made his mod more modular. With the 1.2x update you need a plugin for save/reload to work. The server has just been growing in memory usage much faster and conking out.

I have save/reload working now, I think. Lets see if we can have a better experience tonight.. ugh :grumble:
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    I'd actually welcome the world getting blown away, most of it is already rolled and we have to walk a long way to find new biomes.
    edited November 2010
    This may have something to do with what Ryder was talking about, but something has gone wrong. Last night, Rexxar, UPSLynx, Eggroll, and myself worked on this neat waterslide feature. This morning, I join the server to find that NO part of it is there. Nothing we did remains, it's all been reverted to what it was like before we started excavating.

Ryder, are you saying that things we did after the patch couldn't be saved, and you had to restore to an earlier point? If so, that certainly explains what happened, as unfortunate as it is. =/

For clarification, I'm not mad at all. Just a bit sad. RIP, Eggy's water slide and "rape cave".
    edited November 2010
    No that is not what I am saying.

The server used to Auto save every 10, 30, whatever the heck it was. You got a message in the console here on the server that it saved. Ever since the update, that message was not there, but when I stopped the server, it would save, always has.

So, you guys did all this construction last night, I woke up to a hung server that was out of memory. Since the saves were not happening, yes your work was lost (whatever was made after the last time I stopped/started the server) was gone.

The reason for the "not saving" was because the feature is no longer in the Mod we use, by default, you have to install the plugin for it.
    That plugin is now installed and working (I am getting "forced save" messages in the console once again).

Sorry for the inconvenience, but when the publisher doesn't post this type of change in big bold letters so you know your previous config isn't going to work anymore, this is the result.
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited November 2010
    RyderOCZ wrote:

[...]

Sorry for the inconvenience, but when the publisher doesn't post this type of change in big bold letters so you know your previous config isn't going to work anymore, this is the result.

No worries. As cool as my Rape Cave was its not a big deal. The whole event came from me trolling UPSLynx, so its all good. I wished he FRAP's it though. It was a pretty sweet slide. Eggroll's RAPE RIVER RAPIDS will live on in my heart. In the next update when we take damage the Rape Cave will be 300% better.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Indeed, rape is preferable when you can feel pain.
    edited November 2010
    I wished he FRAP's it though. It was a pretty sweet slide. Eggroll's RAPE RIVER RAPIDS will live on in my heart. In the next update when we take damage the Rape Cave will be 300% better.

Totally not as cool as FRAPs, but I did take a few screenshots from the air. It'll at least make for fun lolz later.

I look forward to the actually frightening Rape Rapids. :D

Just make sure to have some chests at the start so people can deposit their stuff. If you die, you lose the gear you're carrying, so going down it with nothing will prevent loss.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    You don't lose your things. You explode like a piñata and can come back and get them.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    I was planning on FRAPsing that thing this morning, and woke to find it gone :(

I should have just done it before I went to bed. My bad.
    edited November 2010
    UPSLynx wrote:
    I was planning on FRAPsing that thing this morning, and woke to find it gone :(

I should have just done it before I went to bed. My bad.

Yep... I've had that all too often in real life. I've learned the hard way that if there's something I think is neat that I may want to photograph, either I do it right then, or accept that there's a good chance it won't be there ever again.
  • QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Bandrik wrote:
    Yep... I've had that all too often in real life. I've learned the hard way that if there's something I think is neat that I may want to photograph, either I do it right then, or accept that there's a good chance it won't be there ever again.

I very much agree. I've lost tons of stuff online because I thought "oh, I'll be able to find it again" or "it'll be there tomorrow"
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    You don't lose your things. You explode like a piñata and can come back and get them.
    just like real life! :D
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Has anyone Detroited my island yet? Last time I went on hiatus from MineCraft, I came back to find part of one of the floors of my tower mined and replaced with wood, also connected to some tunnel made of wood that Rexxar (I think) built.
    edited November 2010
    New 3d map, with a custom color text file.

http://www.ryderocz.info/minecraft/ic_1103_minecraft.png
    edited November 2010
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    New 3d map, with a custom color text file.

http://www.ryderocz.info/minecraft/ic_1103_minecraft.png

I'm pretty excited to see the map, but it's not loading for me. It says "http://www.ryderocz.info/minecraft/ic_1103_minecraft.png cannot be displayed, because it contains errors". Is anyone else having this issue? If so, maybe re-upload it?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Means it probably wasn't done uploading when you tried to load it. Works okay on FF4b8.
    edited November 2010
    Working fine for me on FF3.6.12, not working on IE8 though, just gives me the red X.. weird.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Worked for me.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Works for me.
    edited November 2010
    Bandrik wrote:
    I'm pretty excited to see the map, but it's not loading for me. It says "http://www.ryderocz.info/minecraft/ic_1103_minecraft.png cannot be displayed, because it contains errors". Is anyone else having this issue? If so, maybe re-upload it?
    I get the same error. FF3.6.11
    edited November 2010
    I'm using FF 3.6.12 (same as Ryder), but it doesn't even after refreshing. Tried Chrome 7.0.517.41 and it's just a blank screen. No error, no image, just nothing. Teh suck.

I'll try again later. Otherwise I may have to get someone to dropbox it to me or something.

UPDATE: In Chrome, I right-clicked the blank whiteness and selected "save image". That let me download the image to a file, and it worked. As a note, I tried this in FF, and it just hung during the download process. Progress bar just stuck at 0%. Odd.
    edited November 2010
    I downloaded it and it opens in GIMP. Windows XP Image Preview crashes.
    edited November 2010
    Same file in JPG, might be a little less quality. The PNG is 27MB.

http://www.ryderocz.info/minecraft/ic_1103_minecraft.jpg
    edited November 2010
    Fun facts for Nov 3rd Minecraft IC Map: it's 18058 x 9290 pixels. This would make a 60 x 30" poster print at 300 dpi. At 8.5 x 11", it would be 1600 dpi. When saved as a plain BMP file, it is a screamin' 480 MB. Gotta love that PNG compression. :D
This discussion has been closed.