Scheduling/Groups for leveling

ZenModeZenMode Royal Oak, Mi Icrontian
edited December 2010 in Gaming
I'd like to set up our static groups now for Cata - we'll be leveling together at a pace determined by on who is in each group and what their play availability is. As a general rule, we want to keep people with similar availability together so everyone can get the most out of leveling.

Keep in mind, if you're committing to group leveling on certain characters, I'd like to keep the level of those characters even (within a level or so) so no one falls behind or gets left out.

So the groups will turn out as follows:

Group 1 2 Nights/week
Ryan (Druid)
Steven (Warrior)
Dan (Pally)
???
???

Group 2 Nightly
Spencer (Mage)
Jimmy (Druid)
Sarah (Warlock or Mage)
Andrew (Hunter)
Greg (Pally or DK)

Group 3 ? Nights/week
Eli (Priest)
Kt (Shaman)
Anne (Paladin)
Scott (???)
???

Group 4 ? Nights/week
???
???
???
???
???

Post below with your availability so we can get this plan together.

Comments

• SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited October 2010
    The way this thread is set up: find a group with similar schedule to your own and go with them, that way we have our own pace and can go as a group. If you see a group you may be interested in and are unclear about their schedule, inquire and they will let you know their plans.

This way everyone will have a group of people that is custom tailored to their needs.

Quoted from another thread because I believe this was unclear.
  • FearmyblinkFearmyblink California Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    depending on my school load i think i should be on almost every night but i dont know yet for sure.
    i will also be leveling my warrior when i am not leveling with the group so he can hit 85 asap.

question of the day: will bg leveling still be a viable option in cataclysm?
    edited October 2010
    Answer of the day: From what I hear leveling 1-85 now is very quick and enjoyable. Neither of which will be 85 levels of BG leveling. If you desire it though have fun.

Ps: You cannot do rated BGs below 85 so leveling that way to becoming a HWL will not work.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    I'll be leveling a priest, healing or dps, whatever the group needs. Looks like I would fit in group 1 for now.
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    I was under the impression steve was going rogue...?

I would enjoy group 1 very much unless you're already tanking that one. I barely get to talk to Ryan anymore.

Keep in mind I'm on PDT now - Mondays and Tuesdays I teach until about 3 PDT and can be available almost immediately after that. Wednesdays, I'm unavailable. Thursdays and Fridays I go til 5 PDT, and have about an hour and a half to two hours of commute back home.

Saturdays and Sundays I'm shooting a film until early November, and my availability depends on the shoot schedule.
  • ZenModeZenMode Royal Oak, Mi Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Myrmidon wrote:
    I was under the impression steve was going rogue...?

I'm going to be leveling my rogue in my offtime - the Warrior will stay the level of the group at all times.
  • HydrarHydrar Columbia, MD Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Katie and I expect to be leveling 2 nights a week. We won't have a better idea as to which nights will work until closer to Cataclysm.

Katie= Resto Shaman
    Scott = Ranged DPS (tbd)
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    put me with group 2 I'll tank for those bafoons, and I kinda miss spencer's voice :wtf:
    edited October 2010
    <3
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    fatcat wrote:
    put me with group 2 I'll tank for those bafoons, and I kinda miss spencer's voice :wtf:

8=======D
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Not to 'bail' on group 1, but I might switch to a group with kt/scott/anne if we have the right comp to do so.
  • ZenModeZenMode Royal Oak, Mi Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    pragtastic wrote:
    Not to 'bail' on group 1, but I might switch to a group with kt/scott/anne if we have the right comp to do so.

That's fine, as long as we organize things - its cool.
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    You totally bailed! BAILERBAILERBAILER (i love you eli)
    edited October 2010
    Put me in for Ranged DPS in group 3, please. (Gnome Warlock or Worgen Hunter, TBD)
    edited October 2010
    Hydrar wrote:
    Put me in for Ranged DPS in group 3, please. (Gnome Warlock or Worgen Hunter, TBD)

Needs more Gnomes for the war machine!!! Let us show them GNOMERCY!
    edited October 2010
    I dunno... I am excited to unleash Worgsy the Worgen Hunter into the world.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Not getting Cata until the 10th. Xmas shopping etc. has funds too low right now. I'll catch up, and you really don't need a tank until after lvl20 anyways
    edited December 2010
    fatcat wrote:
    Not getting Cata until the 10th. Xmas shopping etc. has funds too low right now. I'll catch up, and you really don't need a tank until after lvl20 anyways

Sounds good.
  • FearmyblinkFearmyblink California Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    i should have posted this earlier and i apologize for it being late. I will not be able to join the party that is cataclysm/KT until atleast after xmas. this is due to my money situation at the moment and trying to get out from under some bills (car/phone). =(
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I'm holding at lvl 21 right now. What professions should I be for druid/group need?
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I'm attempting, at my best, to hit Anne/Eli/KT/Scott's level this weekend. Blame me if I do not. <3

Oh yeah... I'm back
    edited December 2010
    The guild roster says what professions everyone are. Just use that as your decider for professions.