Icrontic Draft League 2011

SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
edited January 2011 in Gaming

Comments

• edited November 2010
    This sounds really interesting. Haven't played geek poker in years. Where do you guys play at?
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited November 2010
    The format of our league is catered towards people who plan on regularly attending events at ICHQ. It is a great excuse to come out to any of our events for the first time and check out the scene. Just keep in mind this is not so much a tournament as a community get together such as a casual game of Euchre or Poker while partying. There is no sanctioning for this event nor will it adhere strictly to any tournament standards but instead adhere to normal IC etiquette

While I'm posting, anyone interested in this that isn't quite sure they'd know how to draft or even play Magic, I will be happy to teach people how to play before hand. Throw me a message if this is something that interests you.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Howdy, micker. We play in Warren, Michigan.
  • edited November 2010
    You know I'm in. :)
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    I suppose I'll play.
    edited November 2010
    For those interested, do not buy packs ahead of time. I'll likely try to pick up the packs in bulk to lessen the cost.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    I suppose I could be counted in (for the events that I actually make it to)
    edited January 2011
    Rules revisions:

1. The starting sealed packs will always be Scars of Mirrodin for the 2011 season.

2. During the event and only during the event, cards from each individuals sealed pool may be up for trade... There is a gentlemen's agreement to not purposefully draft rares or other in demand cards with the intent of trading... This type of action hurts the spirit of what we are doing here.

3. Each event is single elimination but each round is best of 3.

4. Decks may be altered between games (sideboarding) and between rounds before opponents have been decided.