For really real - what are your thoughts on Kel'Thuzad.

ZenModeZenMode Royal Oak, Mi Icrontian
edited November 2010 in Gaming
Seriously.

Queue times + all the trouble that brings are things to consider - others chime in with input.

Comments

• SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited November 2010
    The server I am eyeing as a possible substitute with a Medium-High Population is: Magtheridon
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    The server I am eyeing as a possible substitute with a Medium-High Population is: Magtheridon

graaaaaHHHHHH
  • HydrarHydrar Columbia, MD Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    On day 1 of the patch, there were 20+ min queues. This may wane after the Shattering excitement fades, or may explode to 60+ min queues after the expansion and people come back to the game.

Some concerns: if queues are 15 min+ and you drop during a raid (EDIT: and can't get back on quickly).... the other 9 people will have to find a replacement.

Benefits: LOTS of quality people to choose from if our guild suffers losses due to RL, etc. AH/market benefits of a high pop server.

Some folks have already spend significant $ on transfers to K'T. Many more may do so in December, so this is an important poll.

There are other options... we could look for a server that is less than 75% "high pop" - reducing the queue times, but also affecting AH prices and recruiting potential.
    edited November 2010
    yeah, you guys have already paid to move shit. No sense reconsidering now, right?
    edited November 2010
    Myrmidon wrote:
    yeah, you guys have already paid to move shit. No sense reconsidering now, right?

Let's be realistic. Regardless of what the final outcome is, the minute amount of leveling investment OR money spent now is nothing compared to long term results you would have to deal with over time if you were unhappy with your decision.

I have found evidence that says that there is a 5-15 minute window when you D/C from a server to reconnect. Inside this period you will bypass the queue.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Stick with KT, sure there will be a small wait the first month or so but it will fade off. And if it doesn't there will be free transfers a bit down the road. I look forward to the larger player base.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    MAGIC wrote:
    Stick with KT, sure there will be a small wait the first month or so but it will fade off. And if it doesn't there will be free transfers a bit down the road. I look forward to the larger player base.

Agree.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    I'm assuming you mean queue's just to play the game right?

I'm an impatient mofo, if the game doesn't load by the time I get my tea and have a cigarette I'm off to do something else. In my life, time is $, and paying monthly fees to play a game I can't play when I want to play it doesn't make good business sense.

As to which realm we pick, I don't care. Just let me know December 6th.
  • edited November 2010
    Sorry, not paying to move again...I'm sticking here until the next xpac even if I don't get queued until then :P Not to mention seems a bit premature to be thinking of jumping servers again on the day of the patch...just my opinion.
    edited November 2010
    It is just something to be aware of ahead of time.
  • ZenModeZenMode Royal Oak, Mi Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    For the record, I'm not suggesting we move - some people were unhappy with some of the environmental difficulties inherent in a very high population server.

Hence the post - I voted to stay :P lol. I've invested money moving our guild funds here.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    It'd cost me nearly $200 to get everything to the new server. As I voted then, I vote now: nope.
    edited November 2010
    Thrax wrote:
    It'd cost me nearly $200 to get everything to the new server. As I voted then, I vote now: nope.

Either way, there'll be some cost involved - even if KT isn't our home. Moving servers and Faction changing costs the same anywhere.
    edited November 2010
    Given the amount of infrastructure people already had invested in the Horde side, it would have been cheaper for everyone to stay Horde, even with the server transfer to KT.
    edited November 2010
    Thrax wrote:
    Given the amount of infrastructure people already had invested in the Horde side, it would have been cheaper for everyone to stay Horde, even with the server transfer to KT.

KT wouldn't be a server of choice if we were going Horde and aiming at High Pop - there are other servers better suited for that.

On a slightly different but related topic, I'd like to remind you guys that I'm not in a position to mandate or decide anything for the group of us - you guys are all adults and could've thought about how you felt about it for a few minutes and then expressed yourself to whatever end you wanted when that discussion was originally happening. I'm sorry if you didn't understand the implications of being here on KT - I still feel its the better choice long-term for Alliance-side for many reasons, which is why I went ahead and moved things over when I didn't hear any major opposition to the idea.

Its a little shitty to leave those of us that have already invested time/money into moving to KT out on our asses, but my overall goal from the beginning was to keep the group together and find a better home than Tortheldrin - so if the majority of people want to do something else, it'd suck to throw a couple hundred bucks away - but I'll bite that bullet to side with the group.

You guys need to decide one way or another what we're doing here before any other casualties line up. I know several people have already dropped a considerable amount of money on this KT move - if people *really* don't want to be here, we need to have some kind of plan as to where we *are* going and every single person needs to be on board before any motion is taken.
    edited November 2010
    The real problem is this poll. More people gave the bullshit answer than legitimate ones. Though we will never know who picked which one, I'd say it goes a long way towards explaining why there seems to be a sudden rash of malcontent.

It's Icrontic. If you give people the option for lolz, they'll take it.
    edited November 2010
    lolz are fine - they were meant to make it a little more entertaining, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't consider your options, the poll isn't the end-all-be-all answer to the question (I would hope with an option like that it'd be apparent that the poll isn't too serious).

What I took seriously (and really, what made me decide to act) was the excitement and measure with which people discussed their classes and races - and a complete lack of discussion surrounding the server outside of a few comments from Dan, a suggestion from Eddie, and some input from MAGIC. All of whom seemed to drop the subject and be okay with it as people continued to talk about it.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    is there still an Icrontic guild on Tortheldrin?
    edited November 2010
    fatcat wrote:
    is there still an Icrontic guild on Tortheldrin?

Yep - I've still got characters there, I couldn't afford to move them all (and I didn't want to throw the money we invested in the Guild Bank away).
    edited November 2010
    Look here. We planned this move months ago. We voted. If you chose the bullshit answer to this poll I look at that as a "it doesn't matter either way to me". The people with legitimate concerns voted to move servers and factions. We have done that.

Wait times are a given on high pop servers. This was brought up and should have been a factor in your decision in the first poll. I logged in on KT several times pre 4.0.3 and never waited. I logged in post 4.0.3 and waited 5 minutes. I expect to wait 10-15 minutes+ when the expansion comes, and I expect this wait to fall as expansion hype tails off. As with Wrath, at raid time this shouldn't be an issue.

People have invested time, money, and thought into starting on KT alliance side.

This poll is irrelevant.
    edited November 2010
    He's right. The first poll was the only one that mattered. If you gave a crap answer and are disappointed with the outcome: garbage in, garbage out.

If you're not hip to playing on KT, don't. If you want to roll Alliance and play on KT, do. The choice is yours, but all other ships have sailed.
  • HydrarHydrar Columbia, MD Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    I dont see anyone arguing FOR moving, so no big deal.

While I would have preferred a server closer to midwest/east coast (and I did vote no on the earlier poll!), I think K'T will be fine if we log in before the MST rush to log in.
    edited November 2010
    Hydrar wrote:
    I dont see anyone arguing FOR moving, so no big deal.

concur. There's a lot of defense of something that isn't being challenged, and it's leaving a sour taste in my mouth.
    edited November 2010
    Myrmidon wrote:
    concur. There's a lot of defense of something that isn't being challenged, and it's leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

How is 40% of a poll not being challenged?
    edited November 2010
    The poll is actually 70% 30% due to a waffle.
    edited November 2010
    MAGIC wrote:
    How is 40% of a poll not being challenged?
    MAGIC wrote:
    This poll is irrelevant.

in b4 'lololol,' none on us who hate KT have gone out of our way to POST about it. In fact, from what I understand, this is just a 'how you feel' about KT, not even a 'should we leave' KT. So yeah, I'm going to say staying at KT isn't being challenged.

But feel free to keep defending it against an imaginary assailant.
    edited November 2010
    Gentlemen, the last thing we want is to create strife amongst our members. We are merely checking to see that there isn't overwhelming dissent in regards to our server choice.

It is true that everyone sees the good and bad in a server change, especially to a high population server. The intent is to create a better environment in the long run so we can flourish. All of that is for naught if we begin fighting now.

The poll is meant to be a friendly dialog about the server so we can analyze the full opinion of our guildies. Let's keep it that way.
    edited November 2010
    Tell that to Mr. Foxnews up there hacking the hell out of my context.
    edited November 2010
    I'm saying it across the board, not to any one individual: constructive conversation about the poll not about how to shank your friends.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    MAGIC wrote:
    Look here. We planned this move months ago. We voted. If you chose the bullshit answer to this poll I look at that as a "it doesn't matter either way to me". The people with legitimate concerns voted to move servers and factions. We have done that.

Wait times are a given on high pop servers. This was brought up and should have been a factor in your decision in the first poll. I logged in on KT several times pre 4.0.3 and never waited. I logged in post 4.0.3 and waited 5 minutes. I expect to wait 10-15 minutes+ when the expansion comes, and I expect this wait to fall as expansion hype tails off. As with Wrath, at raid time this shouldn't be an issue.

People have invested time, money, and thought into starting on KT alliance side.

This poll is irrelevant.

There should not even be a poll here. Just discussion. As stated, it was voted to move previously. Just trying to be a mediator here. Just be cool, guys :cheers: and let's all have fun playing!

<3