Icrontimondo Thanksgiving-Christmas Gauntlet

the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1Indy Icrontian
edited December 2010 in Fitness
<iframe src="http://www.endomondo.com/embed/challenge?c=qIT-t7c6_Jg&user=186723&width=500&height=500&quot; width="500" height="500" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Look at you. In your holiday sweater. How could you do that to yourself? And you wonder why people get depressed on the holidays.

Get out there and work some of that Holiday snacking off, you fruitcake! (Did someone say cake?)

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    who wears sweaters?
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Who doesn't wear sweaters?
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    Who doesn't wear sweaters?

fonz3.jpg
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    ORLY?
    henry-winkler-the-fonz.jpg
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Wow. That's a solid response.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    ~I want to take you out in your holiday sweater~

Listen here: http://www.we7.com/#/song/Pas-Cal/I-Wanna-Take-You-Out-In-Your-Holiday-Sweater
    edited November 2010
    Alright, everyone, the Holiday gauntlet has begun!! Burn those holiday calories!!!
    edited November 2010
    I'm too tired after my workouts to navigate their terrible UI.
    edited November 2010
    Hah. Then do it the next day! It's not that difficult to get used to...
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    WagsFTW wrote:
    Alright, everyone, the Holiday gauntlet has begun!! Burn those holiday calories!!!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FYuFIrSLD84?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FYuFIrSLD84?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
    edited November 2010
    That's awesome
  • ardichokeardichoke
    whines

but I don't waaannnaaa go to the gyyymmmm
    Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    whines

but I don't waaannnaaa go to the gyyymmmm
    edited December 2010
    DO IT!! Imagine yourself looking all sorts of sexy, getting all the ladies coming after you ;)

That's what I imagine
    <3
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    How do I get my calories to show up? I'm doing it wrong...
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    WagsFTW wrote:
    DO IT!! Imagine yourself looking all sorts of sexy, getting all the ladies coming after you ;)

That's what I imagine
    <3
    You imagine girls chasing after ardi or you? If you, it is only to take pictures of them. If ardi ... it is only to take pictures of them.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    How do I get my calories to show up? I'm doing it wrong...

Make sure you've got the proper weight and height listed in your profile. It's not public-viewable, but it is used to calculate calories.
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, I need to do more than just walk the dog around the block. 2 days in and I've burned 27 calories. Lol.
    edited December 2010
    Make sure you've got the proper weight and height listed in your profile. It's not public-viewable, but it is used to calculate calories.

I did that.
    edited December 2010
    Hmm, interesting. I've seen up to a 24-hour delay before it's used to calculate calories. And I don't think it goes back in time to recalc past workouts (otherwise as people changed weight, historical workouts would keep adjusting)
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    It does need some geographical data for some workouts. I've noticed that when I use the phone app to time my racquetball games, which means telling the app that I'm 'walking', then changing it later, It goes in as 0 calories burned, even if I'm 'walking' for an hour. I'm pretty sure that this is because I'm not moving my phone during the racquetball match. It sits with the rest of my non-court equipment just outside the court door. When I go back later to change the workout to 'squash' the calorie count goes up to aprox what it should be, and changing my 'distance traveled' during the 'squash' game has no effect.

I think Sarah noticed this before also, when she was using a stationary machine at the gym.
    edited December 2010
    I got it figured out. It was the fact that I put in my weight after putting in the workout. I just changed the workout to today and the calories showed up.

I'm really not a fan of the layout of the site, though. It's awkward and it has taken me like four times of putting a workout in before the site took it (I was pressing submit and nothing was happening). I wonder if there's any other sites that do the same thing.
    edited December 2010
    new site is more awkward, haven't found a free site that can do the community & GPS better though.
    CB wrote:
    It does need some geographical data for some workouts. I've noticed that when I use the phone app to time my racquetball games, which means telling the app that I'm 'walking', then changing it later, It goes in as 0 calories burned, even if I'm 'walking' for an hour. I'm pretty sure that this is because I'm not moving my phone during the racquetball match. It sits with the rest of my non-court equipment just outside the court door. When I go back later to change the workout to 'squash' the calorie count goes up to aprox what it should be, and changing my 'distance traveled' during the 'squash' game has no effect.

I think Sarah noticed this before also, when she was using a stationary machine at the gym.

Don't use Endomondo as a timer, use the iPhone's timer as a timer? Yeah, you'll have to type in the date yourself... but better?

Manual entry of everything > half & half?
    edited December 2010
    Yea, I don't use the Endomondo app, unless I'm physically moving around a track, or walking somewhere. I just remember how far and how long the machine said I went, and plug it in manually later.
    edited December 2010
    WagsFTW wrote:
    Yea, I don't use the Endomondo app, unless I'm physically moving around a track, or walking somewhere. I just remember how far and how long the machine said I went, and plug it in manually later.

^^ this.

Just make the machine equal to the effort it takes to do it irl. You know when it's too easy.

For me, treadmills can't be under a 2% incline. I need at least that to replicate the drag from running outside, otherwise I'm totally cheating myself.
    edited December 2010
    I've also been working on the elliptical, and up the resistance more each time I use it. I sweat so much on that thing, it's awesome. Then I'll usually walk a few laps around the track when I'm done on it. My legs were so sore yesterday.
    edited December 2010
    Nice. My numbers are pitiful so far. At this rate, I'm going to have to dig the Instanity DVDs out again.
    edited December 2010
    Instead of working out, I ate 5 cookies today. #selfhate
    edited December 2010
    Yea... Andrew went snowboarding the other day, and his shoulder hurt too bad to go to the gym the other day. Hopefully we get back into our routine.
    edited December 2010
    WagsFTW wrote:
    Yea... Andrew went snowboarding the other day, and his shoulder hurt too bad to go to the gym the other day. Hopefully we get back into our routine.

Don't blame me. You could have went.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Hahaha ;D