What 'ya buildin?

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited March 2011 in Minecraft
As the server grows and new projects are taken on every day the ability to keep up on them gets harder. Post here what you have built or are working on so interested people can check it out or even help if you would like.

:rockon:

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I am proud to say that I built grinders at all three types of dungeons. They are all fully functional and simply take standing in the collection area to collect items. I plan to make entrances to the grinders will 16x replicas of the collection items on top (For example a 16 block high piece of string over the entrance to the spider grinder). Big thanks to Winfrey for finding the Spider and Zombie dungeons and Big Thanks to IR_Bender for finding the Skeleton dungeon.

Next project will be a South East road spurring off of Southern Road (just before Town) going past Prag's and My Place over to the Skeleton Grinder at IR_Benders place.

In the future I will finish the MMA Arena. I have already started hollowing out the mountain it will be in just south of the current spawn point. When finished, The ICFC (Icrontic Fight Club) will then hold tournaments of epic battles.

-Digi
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I have no idea what I'm building. Well... I know it's a Keep..... with a stone Dick jutting out of it.... which has water flowing out of it.... Oh and there's waterfalls on either side of my keep walls which end in 2 lakes that I created last night.

Other than that I just build randomly it seems.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    CB and I have made the underroad a complete circuit now. It goes all the way to Mount Icrontic and then into the sea towards Icrontictown. Next up is probably to continue building onto Atlantis and make it even more of an underwater city, rather than just the tunnels that it is now.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Edit note: Joe posted while I was typing. :)

CrazyJoe and I are working on a bubble city. It currently only has a few underwater access roads, and an unfinished welcome center. We plan to expand into the sea to the West of Icytown.

When I'm on by myself, I work on side projects, like the underoad, which now runs under a portion of the current road system, connects to Old Atlantis and its tunnels, and serves as the main access point to the bubble city.

There isn't much more I can do with CB's House of Furnaces, so my next project will likely involve a redesign of my Icytown plot. CB's House of Furnaces was only intended to be a temporary structure anyway. More of a joke than a serious project. The only real challenge in it was figuring out how to stack furnaces on top of one another.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    You can make water locks for underwater areas. Place a door with blocks around it and no water will pass through the door, you could get technical and use redstone so only one door opens at a time. This way you could have emergency exits or just go for a swim.
    edited December 2010
    There are many ways to make doors in the underwater city. We don't use actual doors very often, though they are pretty convenient when we have them.

We spend so much time under water that wood is a premium, so we've designed doors that are quick and easy build and navigate, keep out water, and don't intrude much on the look of the bubble buildings (in which there is very little wood other than torches).

Perhaps one of our next buildings should be the underwater tree farm. :)
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Right now, replacing my water tree and hollowing out a mountain to the north.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Finishing up my home that happens to be a tree. It's almost entirely encased in glass now. Fire suppression. Or something.

I want to hollow it out and make floors.

I'm also working on making a basement that doesn't suck.

The small plots of land have been a nice challenge, making me think smaller and less grandiose. How to make a sweet structure that looks visually compelling without making it XBOX HUEG.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Also,

3Ov0Y.png
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    My main project I wanted to do was make a tropical "waterfront palace" resort, so I'm working on that. It'll be on the peninsula that's between ICtown and Cola's glass spire and waterfall tree (2.0). So basically, ICtown will be bordered by 2 things of royalty: Turnip's Castle and my Waterfront Palace.

So far all I've had time to do was level some of the land and added 2 waterfall fountains.

Oh, and I also have my Burning Fortress in Icytown. Yes, to enter, you have to run Through the Fire and Flames. I'm also building a multi-story underground "inverted tower" and dungeon. So far I've mined down to the bedrock, adding floors later.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I do have to say Bandrik, I have seen a lot of signs with your name on them. You have a valley (with fence?) and the site of the waterfront palace. Both of which seem to be larger than ICTown. I am all for beauty, but how about some nature? ;D
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    I do have to say Bandrik, I have seen a lot of signs with your name on them. You have a valley (with fence?) and the site of the waterfront palace. Both of which seem to be larger than ICTown. I am all for beauty, but how about some nature? ;D

Yeah... I was indecisive where I wanted to build at the start of the server. I've since abandoned that "valley" and took my sign down when you and TT were building that Grand Central. At least, I think I took it down. Either way, I probably won't build there anymore.

I do have a mountain base next to Ardichoke's "DickKeep", so I'll keep that mountaintop. But otherwise that main area is open to someone else.
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    ...but how about some nature? ;D

A public park would be nice! Is anyone organizing a park?
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Kingpins (ScLisi) Bat Cave is awesome! If anyone hasn't had a chance to go see it, I would highly recommend that you do!
    edited December 2010
    I finished my new project. I built a maze on my Icytown plot. A prize for anyone who completes it.
    edited December 2010
    While I was checking out the lighthouse and the sign left at the site of BH's death on Project GIVE a creeper blew a hole in the side of the lighthouse and almost killed me with the lava. Because of this I have started construction on a new and better lighthouse in IC Town Harbor. I am modeling it on the Great Lighthouse of Alexandria.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Crazy Joe wrote:
    Because of this I have started construction on a new and better lighthouse in IC Town Harbor.

My lighthouse was supposed to be a small, unobtrusive structure rather than yet another giant stone phallus. :p
    edited December 2010
    Indeed. Unfortunately the island was not lit so it spawned creepers...
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Of course!

What lighthouse would be complete without a mob of exploding, green...things?
    edited December 2010
    Basil and I have finished the Great Lighthouse of Icrontia.
    edited December 2010
    Nice
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Lighty.
    edited December 2010
    Finally flattened spawn. Went through quite a few pickaxes doing it. Nextup: I'm going to do a compass-rose on the spawn platform. The final plan is to do it as a golden-block inlay, so I've got some mining to do. :)
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I started strip-mining an area a little ways away from spawn within view of the dick tower and Dras' spaceship, clearly labeled as mine. Left with more redstone than I'll ever know what to do with, and found me some diamond and the other usual suspects. Made obsidian and mined it.

Some of my excess redstone is in my public chest at the house, and soon there will be epic amounts of cobblestone and some gravel there as well. Feel free to take. I may expand some of the caves I came across and build a subterranean bunker there.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    (No need for a compass rose, since you can just type /compass).
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    aesthetics for the win though.
    edited December 2010
    Thrax wrote:
    (No need for a compass rose, since you can just type /compass).

As Ardi points out, it's not really intended to be functionally useful, I just want a new project, and that's what I thought of. It means lots of mining, and a bit of planing for something everyone can see and appreciate in an unobtrusive way.

Although, now that I think of it, it may have some small value for overhead maps. :)
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I'm fleshing out the inside of the S.S. Iconic.
  • TonyRockyHorrorTonyRockyHorror Alexandria, VA
    edited December 2010
    Found a nice volcano-like(high sides but deep crater in the center) mountain about a thousand blocks southwest of town that I'm currently turning into a secret(as in, not secret at all) base like in the Bond flick You Only Live Twice. Build a glass ceiling about 10 block down from the lip of the crater, then hollowed out blow that. I'm currently working on build out a waterfall below the glass ceiling with a pool at the bottom of that which has a glass bottom. Below that will be my main base of operations.

Once all that is finished up, I'll be starting a new branch mine, tree/wheat/reed farm, and planning my next project: a to-scale Millenium Falcon!
    edited December 2010
    Found a nice volcano-like(high sides but deep crater in the center) mountain about a thousand blocks southwest of town that I'm currently turning into a secret(as in, not secret at all) base like in the Bond flick You Only Live Twice. Build a glass ceiling about 10 block down from the lip of the crater, then hollowed out blow that. I'm currently working on build out a waterfall below the glass ceiling with a pool at the bottom of that which has a glass bottom. Below that will be my main base of operations.

Once all that is finished up, I'll be starting a new branch mine, tree/wheat/reed farm, and planning my next project: a to-scale Millenium Falcon!

Once you're finished, can we do a MARP of the movie?