IC TF2 Server NEEDS TLC - Ti or Lincoln, Please help! You're our only hope!

PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
edited December 2010 in Team Fortress 2
Gents,
the IC TF2 Server has some major issues suddenly. I believe it is a result of the latest TF2 patch, but I don't know how to fix it. Unfortunately, I'm leaving on a jet plane bound for a week in SoCal and don't have the time to research and fix. Here are the issues:

1. All previous admins and folks with rcon have lost that power.
2. Map is stuck on Badwater even though the mapcycle.txt appears to be normal.
3. When map restarts to ANOTHER sequence of Badwater, people can't join the server. You have to wait a minute and then for some reason you can join normally.

Even with all these issues and people getting dropped every 30 mins last night, we had a full server and a great time.

PLEASE HELP?!:(
Preacher

Comments

• ScratchScratch Florida, USA
    edited December 2010
    I'm all up to my elbows in grease, fixin' this bitch.

I removed adminmod/sourcemod and the map issues persisted so I (with Preacher's permission) opted for a wipe. I grabbed the SM and config files first, so I still have everything that makes the server unique.

I'm installing a fresh adminmod/sourcemod right now and I should be able to get admins back up and running before I go out to dinner with family, but I may need to hold off on pre-game/humiliation shenanigans until I get back from that.
    edited December 2010
    Okay. Fixing the map issue took longer than I expected. The new update also screwed SourceMod, so there's a [sarcasm]fun[/sarcasm] process involved in getting that to work again.

So that's where I'm at.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for working on the server Beartato!
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Yea, man, thanks
    edited December 2010
    Okay. The everything should be fixed.

Unfortunately, I must have overwritten the admin config files, but everything else should be good to go.

Normally I would get SteamIDs and fix it, since I made the mistake, but I'm going to be without internet for the next couple days as I make my journey back home.

If anyone can catch me tonight, I'll set you up, but otherwise you should probably contact TiberiusLazarus, seeing as he did it last time.

Sorry Tiberius. I grabbed everything to try and avoid this exact situation.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    It's official. Doc Scratch, you are my hero. Just below Gandhi, Winston Churchill, and the guy who first made marzipan candy.
  • _vRz__vRz_ Toronto
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for fixing it Beartado *IC hug* - ohoooo marzipan candy me likey
  • NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Totally about marzipan, like what is with that, right?
    Very many thankings for working on this. Its just sadface when the mother gets the funk, but props for spreading your groove on it and making it all smooth.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for stepping up, Scratch. Much appreciated.