Dragon Age DLC

KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it.KCMO Icrontian
edited April 2011 in Gaming
Alright I downloaded Dragon Age Ultimate Edition from Steam for Christmas.

The problem is all the juicy downloadable content that came with it continued to say that it was unauthorized, despite it having been authorized for the better part of a week. This seems to be a common problem according to the official forums so I followed the solution that they posted there. Now I don't have any DLC what so ever even after uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

My EA/Bioware account diddlydoo says that I still have it and it is still authorized it just isn't showing up or even giving me access to redownload once i launch the game. Has anyone had a the same or similar problem? Solutions? Or have I just wasted 30USD and 13hrs of my life trying to fix this?

Comments

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Koreish wrote:
    Have I just wasted 30USD and 13hrs of my life trying to fix this?

Yes you have and so did I. The problem as far as I could find is something about the Dragon Age Origins updater service not installing or running properly. Nearly a year later I still don't know of any solution to this and as always EA has been super helpful:rolleyes2. Sorry but I'd say you're screwed.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    you can manually download the DLC's...

and are we talking in Steam or off the shithole EA downloader?
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I bought the Ultimate Edition from Steam. So I wasn't really expecting to have such a major problem especially considering the time both EA and Bioware have had to fix a known problem.
    edited January 2011
    weird. my ultimate edition works fine on steam. I did buy it when it was released and not during the steam sale. I'll make sure I don't "update" anything
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    fatcat wrote:
    you can manually download the DLC's...

46018368.jpg

nope
    edited January 2011
    Yeah some of them you can't download. EA insists that it is a problem with the Steam copy of the game and in order to get the DLC I have to download the Ultimate Edition from them.
    edited January 2011
    Canti wrote:
    46018368.jpg

nope

like I said, weird.

mine:

DA.jpg
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Only one of yours shows a download link...
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I never had a problem downloading and installing DLC for Dragon Age using the interface in the game its self.
    edited January 2011
    Thats the problem though I don't even have the interface to see download it there. I don't have a clue what is wrong with it. I guess I'll call Steam tech support and see if they can't find a solution.
    edited April 2011
    old thread I know, but this should help you if you haven't already fixed the problem

Run
    DAOU_UpdateAddinsXML_Steam.exe
    and
    DAUServiceSetup_Steam.exe

as administrator. Apparently the steam version doesn't start the Updater service correctly

dao.jpg

also check this thread
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/58/index/6317275