The Fate of SuperStrife

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited March 2011 in Minecraft
There was an issue on the server yesterday.

Read and discuss here.

There is a members access to The IC Minecraft server at stake. Please read the thread before voting.

SuperStrife is still on probation so Per the Whitelist Qualifications & Consequences:
1) If someone "on probation" is found to be acting maliciously, they are no longer welcome on the server. Period.
4) If there is doubt that the actions taken by the player were actually malicious, a warning will be issued instead of the above consequences. Should the behavior be repeated, it will be considered malicious.

Comments

• the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    If he would have posted immediately after it happened, maybe.

Half of the minecraft "tutorials" on youtube are for TNT bombs. He built a giant landmine in the middle of town. He set it off. Either it was malicious or the level of judgement just isn't there.

No.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    I've already made my opinion on this clear in the thread. Nay.
  • edited March 2011
    The judgment wasn't there, but I know him, and I know it wasn't malicious.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    By our own quoted Rule #4 it seems pretty obvious to me that this is a warning situation, as there is reasonable doubt that any malicious intent was behind the action.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    I'm willing to believe this was an accident but barely. I'll vote to give him a 2nd chance but I don't think SuperStrife should be allowed a vote in this poll.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Yea, looking at the structure and the spread I'd say that it was more than likely a horrendously careless accident and a stupid decision to begin with, but not worth a ban at this point.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    After reading the whole response, I am willing to give him a second chance.
    The fact that he is actually understanding about the situation is enough for me.
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    accedent maybe but there have been WAY TOO MUCH GRIEFING LATELY
  • edited March 2011
    One person's accident does not point the finger of everything all at him. Blanket statements.
    edited March 2011
    It's pretty clear the way this vote is going. I don't agree but I'll bide by the vote. Whitelisted strife again. I'm on mini-vacation and won't be around for the next few days. If he blows town up again you're all SOL until I'm back most likely.
  • edited March 2011
    Good thing there is a back up plan.
  • MechfoxMechfox Texas
    edited March 2011
    It's a hard decision. On one hand, I agree, TNT in town is a Bad Idea.

On the other hand, I had no clue that TNT would have done what it did. It seems to genuinely be a stupid mistake.

For me, the deciding factor was his attitude toward it. He explained his side, and seemed to be genuinely understanding about people being angry with him.

I voted for a warning.
  • SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited March 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    It's pretty clear the way this vote is going. I don't agree but I'll bide by the vote. Whitelisted strife again. I'm on mini-vacation and won't be around for the next few days. If he blows town up again you're all SOL until I'm back most likely.
    I would just like to say that when I get back on the first thing I do is to relocate my TNT to either people I know or an undisclosed location at least +-1000 on the map. I'll try not to expand the map though, because I know thats also something that isnt appreciated.
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited March 2011
    I would just like to say that when I get back on the first thing I do is to relocate my TNT to either people I know or an undisclosed location at least +-1000 on the map. I'll try not to expand the map though, because I know thats also something that isnt appreciated.

Why don't you donate it to legitimate blast mining? Blast mining is very efficient for getting important materials.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    or place it randomly all over PvP Island.
  • edited March 2011
    "Anything goes on PvP Island."
    edited March 2011
    I think PVP Island would appreciate some TNT resurfacing
    edited March 2011
    One person's accident does not point the finger of everything all at him. Blanket statements.

I sure hope so but I am not convinced.
    edited March 2011
    first off I have no idea what you are talking about UPS? I get what griefing is and I know some people apparently steal things (like diamond blocks from someones house) but it doesnt seem too bad?
    I'm sorry for wrecking your tower and all, is there something else I did that griefed you? I havent been on in a week so I dont know if your tower is back the way you had it, but id be glad to help you fix it or a mine that got reset in the update if that would make the server less 'griefed'
    edited March 2011
    Why don't you donate it to legitimate blast mining? Blast mining is very efficient for getting important materials.
    well youre the only one who wants blast mining it looks like, so i can drop off maybe 20 or so for use doing that wherever you want and Ill put the other 20 or so in a chest near PVP island, as cola seems to really want a TNT PVP experience
    edited March 2011
    Hehehe, I like to save it up for traps I can use during THICK :D
  • edited March 2011
    I've made plenty if "public use" traps on pvp island. And by "public use" the game apparently thinks that mean blow up as many cows as possible
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    I've made plenty if "public use" traps on pvp island. And by "public use" the game apparently thinks that mean blow up as many cows as possible

HAHA! As have I.

As for Superstrife, first thing you will want to do when you get back on the server (if you have not already) is move the obsidian that you place on Tony's plot.
    accedent maybe but there have been WAY TOO MUCH GRIEFING LATELY

Hitman, if you can, elaborate on this please? Only thing I am aware of is some diamonds missing. Maybe we need an "incident report" thread so we can log when we notice things happen and maybe try to narrow down who/what happened and take appropriate action.

-Digi
    edited March 2011
    I don't think we need an incident report thread. I was mainly talking about all the stealing but since we have prtective chest now we don't have to worry anymore. There have been a lot of signs the say "creeper" in front of damaged buildings but I can see that could be accidents because those blasted creepers .... well they creep!! HAHAHAH anyway with it all being said Superstrife has got his second chance and I think he has learned a valuable lesson. Now lets all go and play the server needs us all!!!
    edited March 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    HAHA! As have I.

As for Superstrife, first thing you will want to do when you get back on the server (if you have not already) is move the obsidian that you place on Tony's plot.

Hitman, if you can, elaborate on this please? Only thing I am aware of is some diamonds missing. Maybe we need an "incident report" thread so we can log when we notice things happen and maybe try to narrow down who/what happened and take appropriate action.

-Digi

I actually asked tony about the plot, and is thinking about giving it to me, but he is not sure. I'll start clearing it in case he decides against that
  • edited March 2011
    Is it possible that I'll not be associated with any future acts committed by strife? Or am I forever bound to him?
    edited March 2011
    Well... As the server rules are at this point, you vouched for him so he is your responsibility. If you want to remove your backing of him then I guess someone else will need to vouch for him... or we will need to have a discussion about how to handle such a situation.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Just suggestions: Voucher is no longer effected by newb after 30 days? maybe 60?

-Digi
    edited March 2011
    I think that brings up a good point, and Bobby brought up a good solution, any other suggestions?
    edited March 2011
    Perhaps just while they're on "probation"... so if someone vouches for a person again after a suspension... they're tied to them again while the person is on probation the 2nd time?