If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Anybody want to be my neighbor?

RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
edited Mar 2011 in The Pub
The rental house next door has gone into foreclosure. After enduring almost 5 years of annoying rental tenants (except for two couples, who were really cool, but we haven't had any good ones since '09), finally, the chance to have a stable and non-stupid neighbor appears.

So is anyone at Icrontic living in the Michigan area looking to buy a house near Detroit? This would make a nice little bachelor pad, it's nothing fancy but it's decent, and it's cheap, and you'd have awesome neighbors! :D

Seriously, if you know anyone looking for a house, I'd love to see this go even to someone who was a friend of a friend.

Or hey, one of you guys could buy it as an investment property and I could be the landlord! ;)

http://bit.ly/idRkXy

le1211c43-m0x.jpg

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited Mar 2011
    new ICHQ :hrm:
  • mr_magoomr_magoo state of confusion
    edited Mar 2011
    I'm a nice guy, but dumb as two boxes o' rocks and a grumpy old man. Besides, I got no money ('cept what I have saved for GaryCon)

:mouldy:
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited Mar 2011
    21.5 for 700 sq ft. D-town, what the I don't even
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    edited Mar 2011
    Bonus for friendly neighbors - Access to my cellar on occasion. ;)
    oni_delsUPSLynx
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx Top EA shill, The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited Mar 2011
    RyanMM wrote:
    Bonus for friendly neighbors - Access to my cellar on occasion. ;)

If I didn't have a life on the West coast, I'd be IN.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited Mar 2011

yea the $31 per sq foot is pretty insanely low. the house I used to own was only $54 per sq ft, and I thought that was cheap
    edited Mar 2011
    That's nothing, there's 2000 sq ft tudors in Detroit for less than $50k. They usually need a shitload of work, but they're insanely awesome looking houses.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited Mar 2011
    RyanMM wrote:
    That's nothing, there's 2000 sq ft tudors in Detroit for less than $50k. They usually need a shitload of work, but they're insanely awesome looking houses.

Good luck paying the redonkulous taxes, sigh.
    edited Mar 2011
    pseudonym wrote:
    Good luck paying the redonkulous taxes, sigh.

What taxes, the city taxes? They're not as bad as everyone makes them out to be, especially when the cost of living and mortgage payments are so low.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited Mar 2011
    Would make a sweet crashing pad for Icrontic events. :) Or just use it for an event house. Would be killer. Who has $20K? ;)
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited Mar 2011
    Check out this photo of the inside!

le1211c43-m1m.jpg
    Gargoyle
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited Mar 2011
    It would be perfect!! It looks like someone already puked in that corner! ;)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Anybody want to be my neighbor?

oni_dels
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    STAHP SHOWING ME HOUSES TO BUY WHEN IM ALREADY THINKING ABOUT MOVING AND CAN'T GET MY STUPID WORK VISA
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Man that is a fucking castle. :robbaz: GLORIOUS
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    If only Boeing had a Detroit location :(
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian
    The lack of interior images scares the shit out of me.
    JBoogaloo
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian
    It kills me that I could live in a place like that for much, much, much less than I pay for much, much, much less now. Fucking Toronto.
    Annes
    DTown ftw.
  • LincLinc Bard Detroit, MI Icrontian
    RyanMM said:

Tell me more.

RyanMMJBoogaloo
    Thrax said:

The lack of interior images scares the shit out of me.

Word is it was a nice B&B, so I'm assuming it's just Trulia not being used by the owner.
    edited Feb 2013
    fatcat said:

yea the $31 per sq foot is pretty insanely low. the house I used to own was only $54 per sq ft, and I thought that was cheap
    For the record, ICHQ was $15/sqft according to Zillow, which does not include the attic or basement afaik. :wtf:
    Lincoln said:

fatcat said:

For the record, ICHQ was $15/sqft according to Zillow, which does not include the attic or basement afaik. :wtf:
    Only "finished" areas count in sq. footage. Our basement doesn't count, but since our attic is finished it counts in the sq. footage. If you were to finish your basement and attic, you could count it.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Thrax said:

It kills me that I could live in a place like that for much, much, much less than I pay for much, much, much less now. Fucking Toronto.

Your statement interests me as I applied for a couple of jobs out in Toronto (York University) and New Market (forgot with who, lol) today. I may be hitting you up about rent info and places soon if I hear anything positive from these jobs.

edited Feb 2013
    @Whiskeyinyrshoes and I have decided that we're both going to get jobs in DTown, live in this castle, and then she'll be my date to Brian and Nicole's wedding. Yay!

RyanMM
    Easy-peasy! Done deal.
    GnomeQueen
    Now the church itself is up for sale: $125,000. Wanna start the Church of Gaming?

http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2013/03/church-could-make-an-awesome-midcentury-modern-abode.php
    WagsFTW
    Lincoln said:

RyanMM said:

Tell me more.

Nah, you wouldn't want the headache of owning one of those things. ;)
    GnomeQueen