If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Anybody want to be my neighbor?

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Yes, yes you could.
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    THIS IS YOUR CHANCE FOLKS. Live right across the street from me and a stone's throw from all the fun in Detroit, Ferndale, and beyond! Only $800 a month plus utilities for 2 bedrooms.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/apa/3660408239.html

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    or buy it and rent it out for $800/month
    Knowing what I paid for my house in 2006 (albeit one that's bigger and has a basement, but still) seeing that for sale price makes me fucking cry.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    that's actually a nice looking place. you know, for a sink-&-staircase-less kinda place...
    WagsFTW
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    But doesn't the ICHQ Co-op still have some room?

Annes
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    The only proper way to handle not having a staircase is having a fireman's pole put in.

Clearly there's another way up anyways.
    midgaoni_dels
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    WagsFTW said:

But doesn't the ICHQ Co-op still have some room?

Ahahaha look at you with your funny stories.
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    Pacifisto said:

The only proper way to handle not having a staircase is having a fireman's pole put in.

midgaWagsFTW
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Pacifisto said:

...turn the pole upside down?

midgaBasil
    Wait....850 square feet? That's the same square footage as my 1-bedroom condo...
    oni_dels
    But they did an awesome job. Love the subway tile in the bathroom. But for that cost, they could have at least finished the basement - could have even added another bedroom down there or something.
    Yeah, it's kind of crazy. I'm no expert, but even if the company who bought it was the general contractor and able to manage all the jobs themselves, I can't imagine that rehab cost any less than $30k. So it's still a nice profit if they can sell it for around $80k, I just don't know how realistic anything more than that will be anytime in the next year. But who knows, maybe they're playing the long game.

When it does sell though, it'll help my property values at least.
    WagsFTWLeahVoice
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Damn, a house for the cost of a car. A bit more money for some rehab work than a profit of $30K+...definitely worth looking into if not just for the investment ;)
    721 sq feet in Ferndale (near the train tracks), 1/4 mile from a Meijer, 2 car detached garage - $50k.

With interest rates being what they are, you can't rent a house that cheap.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Damn. Definitely want. Seems doubtful it'd happen, though.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited Nov 2013
    WagsFTW said:

Wait....850 square feet? That's the same square footage as my 1-bedroom condo...

To be fair, that wouldn't include the basement (if there is one, can't really tell). EDIT: Based on the Zillow pictures, I'd say it definitely has a basement... so up that square footage another 425 most likely as those numbers never include basement space.

I really wish the house flipper that I bought my place from had done that nice of a job :(
    ardichoke said:

WagsFTW said:

To be fair, that wouldn't include the basement (if there is one, can't really tell). EDIT: Based on the Zillow pictures, I'd say it definitely has a basement... so up that square footage another 425 most likely as those numbers never include basement space.
    Except the basement is unfinished... so I wouldn't include that square footage unless it was finished space that you could use, instead of just storage space.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

That's pretty awesome. I could into fancy house life.

GnomeQueen
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    edited Aug 2014

If Ivy Tech had a Detroit campus and I had that money stuff I hear so much about but never seem to have. I'd jump on it. #Escape_velocity_impossible

If only my employer was out that way...

Who wants to move in across the street from us? Come on, someone's gotta want to be my neighbor! http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1391-Spencer-St-Ferndale-MI-48220/24676785_zpid/

oni_dels
  • LincLinc Bard Detroit, MI Icrontian

@RyanMM said:
    Who wants to move in across the street from us? Come on, someone's gotta want to be my neighbor! http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1391-Spencer-St-Ferndale-MI-48220/24676785_zpid/

Ask is higher than ICHQ got appraised for.

@Linc said:
    Ask is higher than ICHQ got appraised for.

Dat suburban property value premium tho

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian

@RyanMM said:
    Dat suburban property value premium tho

Dem stainless steel kitchen appliances doe.... but seriously, that kitchen layout is screwy. (Can anyone tell what the first consideration I have when house shopping is?)

Sonorous

@ardichoke said:
    Dem stainless steel kitchen appliances doe.... but seriously, that kitchen layout is screwy. (Can anyone tell what the first consideration I have when house shopping is?)

The garage?

ardichoke