Multifunction colour laser printer?

TroganTrogan London, UK
edited March 2011 in Hardware
Hi guys,

One of my colleagues will be needing to print approx. 300 pages a day equally between colour and b&w. A copier is also needed and so I was thinking a multifunction colour laser printer would be ideal.

Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations for printers; either laser or inkjet? The budget is £200-£250.

Thanks!

Comments

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    If you are doing that kind of volume your costs are likely going to be lower with a lease on a large piece of equipment instead of buying a printer. I don't know if it is the same in the UK as it is here, but lease payments are generally tax deductible on office equipment, you get a nice repair/maintenance contract, and all the benefits of the expensive hardware.
    I like the bizhub series personally.
    http://www.konicaminolta.co.uk/business-solutions/products/copier-print-systems/multifunctional-systems-colour.html

I'd do the managerial accounting first, if it doesn't make sense to lease bigger equipment I can tell you I have had multiple HP Laserjet 1320s run like champs, some for 6 years now, rarely replacing toner cartridges and never needing repair.

Whatever you do -- if you are printing 100+ pages per day do not get an inkjet, laserjet is more well suited for high volume. Think of the monthly costs as well as your upfront for equipment (ink/toner,power,paper,maintenance).
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited March 2011
    Thanks Gravite; exactly the info I was looking for. Leasing sounds like a good idea, so I will look into that. Thanks for the link to Konica Minolta.

Much appreciated.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited March 2011
    Laser absolutely laser for that volume inkjet is out of the question.