Compass Navigation

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited March 2011 in Minecraft
A lot of idio... internet users are getting upset that when a bed becomes your spawn point that your compass will continue to point to spawn. this has brought an info graphic that blew my mind:

DEw3N.jpg

Comments

• SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited March 2011
    that seems like it will work fairly well, but i think its pretty hard to read pixels on a compass, maybe they could just update the F3 co-ordinates as a better feature? display them optionally at the left hand side of screen sounds like a good idea
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Redstone + compasses + watch = GPS unit. You'd also need to launch several satellites into orbit before you get meaningful results.
    edited March 2011
    LOOOL.

I think its hilarious how much TNT you would need to launch a satellite. You'd need plastic (nitrocellulose) to properly make a rocket fuel that worked correctly with TNT. Also it would take several thousand pounds of TNT to launch anything approaching a 1lb payload you'd need for a GPS satellite
  • edited March 2011
    I heard Notch was introduction nitrocellulose in the next patch.
    edited March 2011
    Maybe thats whats taking the multiplayer nether update so long. Its full of explosives!
    (5x creeper = TNT, decent boom)
    (5x ghast = ????, Nuke?)
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    F3 works fine for me. If I'm at 1000, 150 and want to get to 100,100, I walk on an angle that's roughly 900:50 (90:5 or 18:1) and course-correct as needed. It's not hard to go from one known coordinate to another.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    http://wiki.lspace.org/wiki/Discworld_(world)
    There are four cardinal directions on the Discworld: hubwards, rimwards, turnwise and widdershins. Seasoned travellers have learnt to navigate solely by the sensations that they feel. If it gets warmer, you are headed rimwards. If it gets colder, you are headed hubwards. If you get dizzy, you are headed widdershins.