Big Brother

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited March 2011 in Minecraft
So now that we have Big Brother on the server, I am wondering if we can take a look at what/how it logs?

I've been doing some clearing of a hall with TNT (did some last night). Possible to see a snip-it of the log so we know what it shows? Possible to make the log publicly accessible so we do not need to bother admins for investigations?

-Digi

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Big Brother doesn't do logs, per se - it sets up a SQL database such that each action is a row. I'm not sure it would be something very easy to turn into something everybody could easily read.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Technically speaking, a site could be built that would allow people to browse the BB logs. This is beyond my web development skill though.

As snark said, BB logs each change made to the world (block placement, destruction, etc.) You can then roll back the changes based on who dunnit, location, time or any combination of that.
  • SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited March 2011
    does big brother allow for rolling back of just creepers or perhaps environmental changes? or is that gonna effect people who place water blocks too much (if its environmental)?
    I only ask because occasionally creepers get into town and destroy things, more so because the fences are no longer impenetrable and i think creepers are getting in that way. I would just load/unload my game to remove them, but many times there are others in town, or I am paused in game but still on server and they get the drop on me.
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Some of the spawns in the town may be due to new trees with no torches on top. If you've planted trees in town, make sure they're lit up properly.