Update 1.4 discussion

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited April 2011 in Minecraft

Comments

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Good thing he added the ingredient item before the product. :rolleyes:
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Shit

http://twitter.com/eZanto/status/53160722712104960
    @notch Make cocoa beans appear in dungeon chests! this would make sense, actually it won't. But they will become rare.

http://twitter.com/notch/statuses/53161729990987776
    @eZanto done

Why is he making dyes rare?!?!?! This is not conducive to the mine/craft play! It limits what people can build!

-Digi (mad)
  • SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited March 2011
    eh, If they are a bean you should be able to plant them, so possibly cocoa farms?

(still better than lapiz)
    edited March 2011
    Can't confirm any of this but it is being reported that the update dropped:

* Added tameable wolves
    * Added cookies
    * Sleeping in a bed now resets your spawn position
    * New Minecraft logo
    * Holding shift while climbing will hang on to the ladder
    * Spiders will no longer trample crops
    * Lots and lots of infrastructure for Statistics lists and Achievements

Source

There are brown sheep now http://i.imgur.com/MEd9K.png

Probably Cocoa beans in dungeon chests

Wolves:

They are said to be rather rare, but they will not despawn once tamed. To tame a wolf, you have to give it bones until a puff of heart particles appears and it gains a red collar, which indicates that the wolf has been tamed. The number of bones required is random. You can tame more than one wolf.

Once given enough bones, they will become friendly. They will now protect you, follow you around, and will attack mobs that you have attacked in melee. Tamed wolves will not attack mobs that you hit with arrows, nor will they attack creepers. Wolves will also not attack mobs if they are sitting. In their current developmental state, mobs will not attack your wolves (Subject to change). A wolf's tail will rise and lower depending on its health, and it can be restored with raw pork (and possibly other foods). They will be unable to climb ladders, but will teleport to you if you create a large distance between yourself and them as long as they are not sitting.

source: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Wolves

Amount of Wolves is currently Unlimited
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Are there any bug fixes? #holycrapnewstuffbutwhataboutoldbrokenstuff
    edited March 2011
    NETHERWORLD???
    edited March 2011
    LOL, from MinecraftWiki
    * Movement in flowing water is slower.
    * Mushrooms are more common. (unconfirmed)

Bugfixes:

New Bugs:

* Beds do not work as a spawn point.
    edited March 2011
    • Sheep spawn in any color. (Confirmed: Brown, Pink)
    great. Thats how you get brown wool now!

• Sleeping in a bed now resets your spawn position
    New Bugs:
    • Beds do not always work as a spawn point.
    Gentlemen, we have passed the minecraft singularity. No bugs are being fixed, and new bugs are being introduced.
    edited March 2011
    This is interesting, via Reddit Coco beans in dungeons discussion:
    jgclark wrote:
    ಠ_ಠ
    name032282 wrote:
    I made this face, too, but I figure dungeon chests are just being used as 'we have this item we want to add, but can't think of a creative way to have it available to players, so we'll throw it here for now' drop boxes.
    Taedirk wrote:
    Because implementing widescale farming for materials like this, pumpkins, flowers, mushrooms, etc. makes too much sense

xNotch wrote:
    No, it makes perfect sense, and we will do that. =) (But in the meanwhile, I stuck cocoa beans in chests and leave cookies in as a silly easter egg)
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    wolves are awesome!!!
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    I found one on single player and tamed it. They attack mods like no other (except creepers) I am curious to see how wolves work on multiplayer if they work at all.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    hooo boy.... craftbukkit has made some major changes in the past couple days. I loaded up a new build on the test server (still 1.3 sadly) and it broke about half the plugins. Luckily the broken ones all had updates
    edited March 2011
    Okay, latest craftbukkit build (just dropped in the last hour) is 1.4 and recommended. It's installed and running on the test server. Hop on and give it a whirl plz. If it holds up I'll move things over to the main server and get the world moving again.
    edited March 2011
    I logged in and verified that the basics work at least. Moved 1.4 over to the main server.
    edited April 2011
    1.4_01 dropped, from what I read the spawn point beds are working now. Water is still tough to go up stream.

-Digi
    edited April 2011
    the water thing is supposedly a feature, and not something that was done on accident

I'm still unsure whether its good or bad:range:
    edited April 2011
    the water thing is supposedly a feature, and not something that was done on accident

I'm still unsure whether its good or bad:range:

No it was a bug. I think it was Jeb (cant find the quote now) mentioned that it was not intended. Here he indicates that he may be able to fix it.
    I found why the water flow is stronger now. Probably also why water ladders stopped working. #minecraft

I haven't been on much. Is it effecting the bigger grinders at all?

-Digi
    edited April 2011
    Confirmed that the creator of the piston mod emailed Jeb.

Maybe in the next update.

-Digi