So 1.5 dropped, which means rail booster segments, which means I can FINALLY update the original rail system.
While I'm at it, I'd like to connect it to a lot of the other standalone systems that are out there, since making multiple "Grand Central" style stations will be a lot easier now. (a lot easier because of much-reduced demand on space, resilience to server restarts, etc)
- I'll work on updating all stations currently connected to grand central, including the 2 grinder stations that have always been a little half-assed.
- I'll rework the Barren Islands station (first stop on the North line) and turn it into a second grand central to support the 3 spur lines that have been connected to that station
- I know there are some extremely long subway lines that are in the world just above bedrock. These would be perfect for "Express" lines to remote parts of the map, and I'd love to connect to them.
Here's what I want from you:
- I want to connect our systems. But I have no idea where they are, officially. Especially the subways, although I've stumbled into them on accident in the past. Please post the name and coordinates (all 3 axes) of your lines. What would be ideal is to post the coordinates of the endpoints or stations and any turns. Need to get a picture of how they're laid out to find the most efficient tie-in points. I've started mapping out landmarks and rail lines/stations within 1000 blocks or so of 0,0 on an excel spreadsheet - will share as soon as I get home tonight.
- We're going to need iron.
- I'd like us to agree to a certain distance between stops. Making a line that stops 3-4x within 400 blocks is super annoying. Maybe we can all agree that stations need to be at least xxxxx blocks apart, because walking (xxxxx/2 max) blocks really isn't that bad?