Rail system consolidation project

13»

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    It was like 1000s of voices all screaming out....

http://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/68719289301082112
    Notch wrote:
    * Made booster tracks speedier

Poor Notch
  • edited May 2011
    Lol

*make joke about removing creepers, setting world height to 7 and making all blocks spheres*

annnndddddd

*facepalm*

http://twitter.com/#!/search/%40notch%20creepers
  • edited May 2011
    Most if not all the boosters in the rail system are based on booster tracks now so I don't think we have to worry.
    edited May 2011
    Take off from the Spider grinder needs a revamp. It is still based off of the old boosters.

-Digi
  • SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited May 2011
    got it
    edited May 2011
    I have added a T off of Skeleton Road that shoots over to The Bat Railz. When traveling from The Digi Station, You stop over The Digi Farm and push a button for which way to go. Coming back either way there is no stop and you are sent on to the Digi Station.

-Digi
    edited May 2011
    Thank you SuperStrife for adding the ICTown -> Digi Station connection. The inner workings of the Digi Station were a bit much though. I have redone it with a simpler approach. I am interested to hear all you rail-files opinions on my station.

As I get more and more familiar with the workings of the rail stations I look forward to the next one. Next I will tackle the Eastern Road, 1st Road T. It works coming from grand central, but throws me the wrong way coming from Digi Station.

-Digi
    edited May 2011
    I guess my logic on that was anyone going into the station will continue on the track, as it would be weird to take the route GC-> town ->digistation ->GC, so I made it so that you only select a destination going towards GC/Town rather than going away.

Edit : Other T is fixed. (skeleton road T to East line)

Also is there any way to lower the middle switch track in digi station or raise the blocks? You need 2 unpowered tracks to reliably brake carts, as sometimes carts stop on the second track, which is flat and will not move you when powered. I had this problem when entering the new station from the east line T and occasionally when coming from the batcave T to digistation
    edited May 2011
    Also it looks like masterbuilder wants to add a line to digi station... Feel like making a "+" or 4 way system inside digi?
    (Btw I really like the simplicity of the current T, I'll be moving some aspects of it over to the other T's)
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I think I just may have broke one of the lines in Grand Central. I tunneled up from my mine and it came out inside the inner workings of GC. I looked around enough to see that there was redstone in adjacent blocks, not sure if where I popped up had redstone on it or not.

Sorry :(
    edited May 2011
    http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92640
    AHA! I think I found my answer to the other thread here!

Its cool ryder, double check the co-ords:
    X:177
    Y: 71
    Z: -199

If that is where it was, i'm calling it problem: solved.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I chopped out 1 block only inside Grand Central. The block I broke was approx:

edited May 2011
    ah, I'll check it out