The Haunted Mansion gets an anniversary makeover

Comments

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Oh, now I wanna go to Disney World. I do enjoy a good scare.
  • NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Hmm, I loved what they did with the stair room and the attic, and look forward to seeing the interactive line bit, but I was afraid that's what was happening to the hitchhikers last time wife and I were there and they were working on this stuff.

Good write-up and thanks for the news though!
  • KrystalleKrystalle Tampa Bay area, FL
    edited April 2011
    @Jokke: Not so sure how scary these are unless you're a child. The changes are fun, though. :)

@NullenVoyd: I love the Escher room too. Beats the orange spider room! Sorry to hear you hit the covered-over riders when you were down here, but hey--you have something new (and really cool) to look forward to when you come back!
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Great article. I'm a huge Disney fan so I really enjoyed it :)
  • jedihobbitjedihobbit Central Virginia, USA New
    edited April 2011
    Wife is a huge fan of DW and the Haunted House was always a stop. After about 6 or 7 times over the last 20 years I'm ready for something new! ;D
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Nice. It's great that the construction is so much less inconvenient at Disney World than it is here at Disneyland. It seems like every time something is under construction, half the park is behind the construction wall.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Are they upgrading the mansion at Disneyland as well?
    edited April 2011
    Not as of last time I was there. :(
    edited April 2011
    I haven't heard anything about Disneyland getting these improvements. With that said, the hitchhiking ghosts could be added without having to close the ride, so I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up at some future point.
    edited April 2011
    Where are the hitchhiking ghosts at the Disney World? In the Disneyland version of the Haunted Mansion, they don't appear until the very end of the ride when they're virtually added to your car via holographic mirror.
  • GattsuGattsu Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    I really need to renew my annual pass. I always hit up the haunted mansion when visiting Magic Kingdom.
    edited April 2011
    @GHoosdum: The hitchhiking ghosts are just after the graveyard and before Little Leota at the exit in the WDW version. I believe most of the differences between the two Haunted Mansions are in the queue/opening portion of the ride. (WDW stretching room ceiling goes up because the ride is at ground level whereas the one at DL is an actual elevator that takes guests underground to the ride.)

Well, that and the buildings look quite a bit different/have a different walk-up.
  • jedihobbitjedihobbit Central Virginia, USA New
    edited April 2011
    Haven't been to DL since 1966 longer than most of your are old, so I sure there are a lot of changes!! ;D