BIOS flash gone wrong?

Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
edited May 2011 in Hardware
I was working on a Toshiba laptop, an A135 model. There was this trouble where it would only complete the boot process every other time, just strange. I saw that there were some BIOS updates since on their website, decided to flash to the latest version, 1.9.

Since the flash, It will show the BIOS start screen with the Toshiba logo, but will not boot past that at all. Hitting the F keys do not help. Now, if I hit escape on power up, it brings up the diagnostic start up where you can see it doing its quick memory test, and from there I can hit f2 and get into the BIOS. I can adjust settings normally, but nothing allows me to boot, even if I load a disk and try to boot from CD appropriately adjusting the boot priority, that will not work.

What do we think, did I just do a big no/no to this motherboard? Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    In my experience, if you're able to get into the BIOS, then your flash didn't go wrong. Every time I've had a flash go wrong, I wouldn't even be able to get that far (I'd be lucky to get video at all). Luckily most of the motherboards I've owned have been Gigabyte boards with some form of BIOS backup (either their original DualBIOS system, which was genius, or the one that stores it on one of your drives and restores it if the BIOS goes bad somehow).

I'd suspect that there is some failing hardware in there somewhere.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Ardi,

All the credit to you, you were right, the flash went fine. I had changed the RAM prior, put the old RAM back in, it booted fine, then, put the new back in and it upgraded okay. Strange little issue, but fixed now.

Thanks.