Sentey Burton full-size tower PC case review

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    "Mystery VCC cables" look like additional USB. Go on USB headers.

Possibly firewire.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I'd guess usb, rather than firewire - firewire needs more than just the 4 pins, iirc. Looks like wiring for just one usb port.
  • trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    (VCC VDD V+ VS+) Positive supply voltage, the +5v in this case...

Should have been labeled Vusb
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Oh, aye, I was able to figure it out. But hey, imagine if it was someone, let's say, technologically challenged. Uncle Ray thinks he can put together a PC, finds this, and just sticks it in somewhere. What if he puts it in backwards, or worse... into a firewire port?

I guess the point is that Sentey documented every other part of the case, and where all the other pins and connectors go... save for this one. Considering what could go wrong with someone that doesn't know what they're fully doing, I would think it should be included.

...then again, if "Uncle Ray" doesn't know what he's doing when building a rig, a card reader's "mystery pins" is probably the least of anyone's troubles. Hah!
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I like the looks of the case quite a bit aside from that tumor of a bulge on the side panel. Seriously guys, if my case had a lump like that I'd be looking at getting it biopsied. Pronto.
    edited May 2011
    Haha, well it looks like it could be biopsied if you wanted to. It looked like it was only held on by screws, so I think if it was taken off it would just have a metal screen that lays flush with the panel. May have a cleaner look if desired, since the fans are on the inside.
  • Hola, alguien me podria explicar como hacer para sacar la tapa superior, para poder cambiar los coolers, de paso como saco tb la parte inferior, ñpara poder limiar los filtros.l
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    Hola, alguien me podria explicar como hacer para sacar la tapa superior, para poder cambiar los coolers, de paso como saco tb la parte inferior, ñpara poder limiar los filtros.l
    "Could someone explain how to take the top lid off to be able to change the coolers (fans) and also take out the interior part to be able to clean out the filters?"
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Thanks BH, Paging @Bandrik. Maybe once you post an answer BH can translate back for Mr Cruz.

-Digi
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    Good thing IC is global! Back on track: SO many sexy cases around. I almost wished I was planning to build a rig in near future.
    Question received. I'll have to go take a look when I get a chance. Check back later for an answer. :)
  • What water cooling system would you use and which ones are compatible?
    I didn't test it with a water cooling system, as I've never worked with them before. Thus, I can't comment much. But it does have a couple of pass-throughs in the back of the case for water tubing. So you could probably have an externally mounted reservoir type of system.