Volunteer Needed

ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
edited May 2011 in Minecraft
Due to a number of life changes including, but not limited to, a position change at work, the oncoming summer and the yardwork it entails, the significant other and more, I'm not going to have time to keep up with managing the Minecraft server. Snarkasm already has an account with the necessary access to manage things at this point. I would like to have someone able to back him up though. Thus, I need a volunteer to help manage the Minecraft server.

Responsibilities include: updating bukkit and it's plugins, possibly installing new plugins, updating the whitelist, occasionally investigating and rolling back griefings and banning people when necessary.

Qualifications:
* Must be an Icrontic regular. (Sorry, but I'm not giving access to my personal server to someone I don't have a reasonable expectation that I will be able to trust.)
* Need to be comfortable using Linux at the command line.

I will still be available in the event of an emergency and I will do my best to get whomever volunteers up to speed with how everything works.

If you're interested in helping out, either post here or message me.

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Sure, I could help out.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Sorry DoubleO, no offense but you don't meet the first requirement. It's nothing against you personally, but I don't feel comfortable giving access to my server to someone I've known for such a short time.
  • edited May 2011
    I know I don't meet the first requirement either but I've got the basics of running a minecraft server down, so if all else fails we're both here to help. alas I'm pretty "meh" about the linux command line :\
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    If it helps at all, CB and I have been friends with DoubleOBond since high school, so I'm willing to provide a character reference - he's a good guy and very competent technically as well.

We've been trying to get him to join us at Icrontic/Short-Media since 2003, but it took Minecraft to finally lure him in. ;)
  • edited May 2011
    LOL OOOOOOOH Rob
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Indeed. I would echo GHoosdum's statement about DoubleOBond... He's good people...