Help! Getting onto the Icrontic Minecraft server

CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
edited May 2011 in Minecraft
I'm trying to connect to the Icrontic Minecraft server through a Windows ISA proxy (at work). In order to play single player I have to enable my Microsoft Firewall Client for ISA Server, without that it doesn't connect.

I tried following a couple of guides (here and then here) which suggest creating a bat file which sets the proxy before running Minecraft. Neither helped.

I found a launcher that allows you to set the proxy in Java before Minecraft loads, written by a guy called arthur_music on the Minecraft forums, and this does seem to get me further. Instead of point blank connection refused I just get a message "connecting to the server..." which never goes away.

So, am I at least hitting the Icrontic server yet?

If not, does anybody have any suggestions?

I created a new thread here so as not to derail the Whitelist thread, and hopefully other forum members will have a look and see if they can help.

~Cyrix

Comments

• CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Well, although I now get a 'connecting to the server...' message instead of connection refused, it times out on every server I tried (tried four other servers that claim to be online with multiple players).

~Cyrix
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Might be one for the networking forum
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Well it's definately a firewall issue, I got onto the server no problem from home.

~Cyrix