If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Images with overloads of Ponies

Comments

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    3 things:
    1. image
    I did not come up with the line.

2. image
    Little girls show. Totally.

3. The changelings are clearly mammals with insectiode features. However there is a "design flaw" with them. It's been well over a year since I've done insects in biology, but this still .... bugs me. :D Either way correct me if I'm wrong. Most bugs either A) Have "soft" wings (dragonfly, butterfly, etc,) B) A set of "hard" wings with "soft" wings underneath (beetles,) or C) No developed, if any, wings at all. As you can see from on Chrysalis there, the changelings have "soft" wings on top of "hard" wings. They could just have it reversed like that, have another set of wings underneath, or can even move the carapace wings around should they choose to.

I know you generally shouldn't dig in to something like this cause it can ruin the "magic" of it, but as far as I know, this a new creature particularly unique to the MLP mythos. Of course it has references to other established creatures, but these changelings still have their own feel to em. I know I can't recall of any sole creature that mostly resembles these equine-insectoid changelings, and I think that's why I'm particularly interested in them. Although I never heard of the Ahuizotl until the Daring-Do ep. SO MANY FRIENDS, I have yet to meet in mythology.
  • Right click your image on Deviant Art and select "Copy Image Location" Then when you make the post here click the little picture at the top of the comment box. It'll insert the html tags to insert a picture. You past the image location you copied earlier and bam.
    You changed my life.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    @KingWolfen Glad I could help. :) Now, image dump with us.

Lately I've mentioned certain things about Rainbow Dash. Namely that one someone would praise her Sonic Rainboom, I'd say I think it is small time now. The Nuke too. And this is why. Took me forever to find it again. Otherwise I'd have mentioned it sooner. Awesome comic series by the way.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited Apr 2012
    Once making her cutie mark becomes canon I will stop praising the rainboom/nuke till then though they are still the most awesome things in the show (Even if horribly overused in RD pmvs)

Also UNF

It's one of the few fanon things I consider to be worthy of canon. Once it's been seen it cannot be unseen.
    Too right mate! If that happens I think I will never see something more epic ever again. (Here's hoping S3!)
  • 2 things:
    1- Wtf is canon? (sorry, never got a chance to figure it out!)
    2- Another vector art... Took a long time. I recorded the making of and I'll be posting it soon on MrDarkHoof (on Youtube).
    canon is: The conceptual material accepted as "official" in a fictional universe's fan base.

Effectively everything 'canon' is what we see in the show itself whereas 'fanon' such as the cutie mark lightning boom thing is stuff made by the fans but not in the show itself.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited Apr 2012
    I know I saw a piece of fanart that had Chrysalis as ... whatever her name was during a scene from that song. Welp time to go diving.

Edit: Goes looking for said picture. Instead finds this:
    by TheFlyingPanda08 She says she is open to working with you on a custom one should you be so interested.
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    HEY HEY
    HEY GUYS
    GUESS WHAT THE INITIALS OF PINKIE'S NAME SPELL

...shut up i was drinking last night and i just woke up
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx Top EA shill, The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Hahahaha!
    @BHHammy

A parody of a parody.

Yo dawg ...
  • @BHHammy

A parody of a parody.

Yo dawg ...
    Yo dawg! I heard you like parodies, so I parodied your parody, so you can laugh while you laugh! (and probably choke, because that's dangerous).
    Anyway, here's my DeviantART gallery! I made 11 vectors in 2 or 3 days. Hope you like it and give me ideas, you non-creative douches (nah, jk).
    http://dark-hoof.deviantart.com/gallery/
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    O.o Dafuq did I just see?
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    Merc's Pride Scarf #Hats

-Digi
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx Top EA shill, The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    This is painfully girly, but it's a pinkie pie drink and I want to try it

http://paopubitters.tumblr.com/post/21752537832/tonight-we-draw-some-inspiration-from-ponyville
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    That does sound delicious!

I propose starting a shopping list of ingredients for these drinks as they come up (this and the RD Shots so far that I can think of). Then at Epic we do one shopping trip and have overloads of pony deliciousness.

-Digi
    edited Apr 2012
    Sounds as much like a milkshake or something as an alcoholic beverage, never been one for mixed drinks but eh, I'll give it a try.

• BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    Daaw.

Continuing the adorable (with a little painfully girly) is this:
    I completely agree. MLP drinks at expo need to happen. We've talked about it too much, time to do it.
    edited Apr 2012
    Guess who's getting an image dump?

Awesome

Hooman/Crossover

Why I am making a spoiler for hawt/plot I don't even know...let alone why I'm posting images of it.

I read that Johnny Bravo comic in his voice.

That's a big dump, Ilriyas. Does your waifu know about this?
    edited Apr 2012
    Are you asking if my forced waifu knows about this or if my waifu knows about this?

One last one for Cola because I forgot to post this during the stream.

edited Apr 2012
  • WHY DID YOU CHANGE THE THREAD PICTURE!
    WHY CHRYSALIS?!