Welcome BobbyDigi as the IC Minecraft Community Manager

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited June 2011 in Minecraft
There's been increasing tension over the Minecraft server. It's gotten to the point where Brian and I have been having late-night discussions about it, so we decided it was time to get involved. Obviously, neither of us plays the game, which makes things awkward for us. Regardless, if we have a group representing Icrontic, we want to make sure it's following the same standard as what people expected on other servers or this website.

We've asked BobbyDigi to lead the Icrontic Minecraft server. He has a ton of experience with the community both here and in gaming, so we're happy to have him step up. He'll have full authority to set new expectations on the server (or refine existing ones) and allow/deny access to it. Go easy on him ;)

Ardichoke has graciously agreed to have his server continue to operate as the official Icrontic server under this plan.

I understand some people have quietly left the server to form their own groups, and others may do so as a result of this change. That's ok! :) We're not trying to control how you have fun. Our interest is that the Icrontic name always be associated with a welcoming, open, and safe community that has no use for squabbling.

You guys are building some amazing things on the Icrontic Minecraft server. We hope this shift turns it into an even better place to game and be with friends.

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Thank you Lincoln and Primesuspect for the honor.

I am proud to step up and represent Icrontic Minecraft. I look forward to progressing the server. I've got some ideas and some things to learn and I will roll out. For now miners, be civil humans and keep an eye on the Minecraft forum for the new Rules thread.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to PM me here on Icrontic (best way as it gets to my phone) or hit me up on Steam (Any friend of Icrontic is welcome as a friend of mine).

Lets have some fun and build an awesome Minecraft Community together.

-Digi
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Congrats Bobby :D
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Nice job!! Congrats Bobby. I think this will help things alot!!!
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Does this mean the server is not a democracy anymore? That would make things easier.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    CB wrote:
    Does this mean the server is not a democracy anymore?
    Yes, it's now the same as everything else Icrontic does - benevolent dictatorship :D
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Sweet, that should cut back on the drama considerably.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    might start playing IC:MC again, looking forward to seeing the new ruleset.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Ohhhhhh maaaaaan, what a good idea. Thanks for volunteering, Bobby!
    edited May 2011
    so... when does this start?
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    The moment I announced it. :) I wasn't expecting Bobby to announce bylaws any more than there are "rules" on Icrontic any more. "Don't be a jerk" mostly covers it and Bobby can interpret what the means for Minecraft. Ask him :p
    edited May 2011
    Sorry for the lack of update. I was away from PC for the holiday weekend. I've been in touch with the current admins and they are staying on to help out the community.

I will be working on the updated Rules thread and announcing some of the future plans for the server tonight.

-Digi
  • JudahTCJudahTC Ballsdeep with Cola Member
    edited June 2011
    I welcome our new overlord with open arms :)
    edited June 2011
    I am always open to questions and thoughts regarding the future of the Server and it's rules. Please direct these to my PM Inbox.

The question was brought up if we will have any further acceptable PvP outside of PvP island? No, There is no plan to make any further PvP areas.

Thank you

-Digi
    edited June 2011
    <iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RwQqoTvDSUc&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Seems to me like that in and of itself could become a griefers tool. Just protect huge areas (including other peoples buildings) and make it so people can't build anything in their own space.
  • edited June 2011
    Oh you moved it...
    edited June 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    Seems to me like that in and of itself could become a griefers tool. Just protect huge areas (including other peoples buildings) and make it so people can't build anything in their own space.

admin could fix easily, but I finally figured out the mod on the server I've been playing on:

http://gurpy.com/forum/index.php?threads/precious-stones-protection.45/

Doesn't allow for unlimited areas of protection, informs everyone whose protected area you're on. It works phenomenally on this other server.