Eyefinity and non-eyefinity games

fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
edited June 2011 in Hardware
I run Eyefinity 5760x1080.

But, I play a lot of games that do not support Eyefinity.

I have been running them in windowed mode 1920x1080, but I really want to run them in 1920x1080 full screen without having the game use all 3 monitors, just one. And I still want the other two monitors to be usable.

Is there a way to do this?

Comments

• pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Isn't there a profile switch that you can do to make the setup act as 3 displays (each at 1920x1080) rather than a single display at 5760x1080?
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    pragtastic wrote:
    Isn't there a profile switch that you can do to make the setup act as 3 displays (each at 1920x1080) rather than a single display at 5760x1080?

yes, the windows+P key

but then I lose my eyefinity and all my icons, open programs etc just repeat themselves on all 3 monitors

Guess the best way to explain is I want 1920x1080 full screen gaming on middle monitor and Eyefinity on left and right monitor
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    First thought is to set up two display groups, one including the left and right displays, the second being just your center display (set this as your primary display). It'll be a little weird when not gaming, but that should produce your desired result. Maybe there's a way to switch between that profile and a 3x1.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Set up two profiles with hotkeys to switch between them. I swap between Eyefinity and just a regular 3-monitor extended desktop the same way.
    edited June 2011
    can has walkthrough on that?

I see no option to "save" my groups
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Ah, they're called "presets" in Cat 11.5. Get your Eyefinity setup how you want it, then click Add Preset under the Presets tab in Catalyst. This will save all of your existing settings under that preset. Then ungroup your displays (arrow on the top right of the monitor avatar -> display group -> disable), set them up the other way you want them (make all the monitors extended - that way each screen has its own boundaries), and save that one as a preset. With one click, you can swap back and forth. If you assign a hotkey when you create the presets, you can just hit that to switch.

I haven't found a way to edit existing presets, so you have to delete and save it again if you need to change something.
    edited June 2011
    got it!

thanks Snarky baby