ICMC Community Projects - Future Project Discussion

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited June 2011 in Minecraft
Use this thread to both give ideas for and discuss future projects

Comments

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Also, what would you guys say to a scale build of pl_badwater from TF2, we could put down real rail track, put a storage cart on the track, and have some epic MineFortress 2.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    cola wrote:
    Also, what would you guys say to a scale build of pl_badwater from TF2, we could put down real rail track, put a storage cart on the track, and have some epic MineFortress 2.

I think that is an amazing idea. I hope we get some steam behind that one. That would be front page Reddit material.
  • ChemriofChemriof Soviet Scotland
    edited June 2011
    I like that plan.
  • TheRedburnTheRedburn Spaceman K Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    mm, yes, i like
  • MalpercioMalpercio Greater St. Louis Area
    edited June 2011
    Damn that would be awesome!

I think it would be interesting to slightly change up the rules a bit to make them MC valid. For one, I think it would be cool if you were required to get into the enemy base to get a bunch of iron (maybe 5 pieces per person or something?) and then craft the cart, craft the track, and lay the track. Have the cart fall into a premade hole (cut off from crafter access) that hits a switch, activates a circuit, and uses pistons to raise a "flag" of sorts, signifying victory/defeat.

Just my two cents.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I think that at the end we should have a detector rail powered giant TNT bomb, so it ends like the real map.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    cola wrote:
    I think that at the end we should have a detector rail powered giant TNT bomb, so it ends like the real map.

This would not be hard to do. And with even our current mods it would be very simple to reset.

-Digi