ICMC Community Project Land

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited July 2011 in Minecraft
I have marked off the Icrontic Minecraft: Community Project Land on the server and we have started the great flattening to lay out New Spawn.

Current Project: Clear the Land down to Level 65 (Sea Level) See Map below.
If you want to check it out and/or help on Day 1, be on the server and Vent Wednesday the 20th at 9pm PDT / Midnight Eastern.
Day 1 went Extremely well. We were able to clear a 200 x 30 land that was 6 deep in most places. I would venture to guess we cleared around 20,000 blocks last night.

A Safe House has been built at the cornerstone of the ICMC:CP Land with some storage. Tools are provided for workers in the storage bins.

Next time I head out I will bring more food, I will do my best to bring as much as possible. We also ran low on arrows. As our workers do not adhere to OSHA standards, we work through the night and rain so defense is a must. Watch your back, we lost many a worker to creepers.

Place all mined materials in the storage bins. All materials will be used on future projects and are not to be removed from the job site.

The Cornerstone: (Big Yellow Dot)
X: 1680
Z: -1138

mvqhqh.jpg

Click for Larger image

All land above the marked lines is now Community Project Land. Only planned community projects will be built there. I have highlighted in yellow the land that we will be clearing to build Spawn and The Coliseum.

We have a tree farm going just to the left of the Corner Stone. Whenever a few of the trees pop up, go ahead and harvest the wood and replant the saplings. This will fund our tools and storage areas for now.

Cola is mapping out and building a Nethergate path from Grand Central to NewSpawn. We will probably build a spur off of Blue Mine Road out to The Projects, we will also build a rail to head to/from there.

-Digi

Comments

• UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    I'm game! So count me in!
  • ChemriofChemriof Soviet Scotland
    edited July 2011
    I'll be there.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    I have marked off the Icrontic Minecraft: Community Project Land on the server and we will start the great flattening to lay out New Spawn.

If you want to check it out and/or help on Day 1, be on the server and Vent tomorrow at 9pm PDT / Midnight Eastern.

Tools will be provided for workers, They won't be diamond (yet, unless we get a donation). You will probably want to bring food, I will do my best to bring as much as possible.

There will be a storage shed to place all mined materials. All materials will be used on future projects and are not to be removed from the job site.

More details tomorrow night.

-Digi

We just got pistons yesterday, so I haven't been able to do much of anything for the ICWC:PWA HQ building and its resource generators. But will try to hop on tonight to help out.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    We just got pistons yesterday, so I haven't been able to do much of anything for the ICWC:PWA HQ building and its resource generators. But will try to hop on tonight to help out.

We have quite a bit of work to do before we get to building. Some wood and cobble would be good for tools though if the PWA has any on hand.

-Digi
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    So is that tomorrow as in today (the 20th) or tomorrow tomorrow (the 21)?
    edited July 2011
    UPSLynx wrote:
    So is that tomorrow as in today (the 20th) or tomorrow tomorrow (the 21)?

Tomorrow when I posted yesterday ;)

Wednesday the 20th

-Digi
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Be sure to get me the coords so I can start work on the nethergate tunnel. Also, in for helping flatten the place tonight :D
    edited July 2011
    cola wrote:
    Be sure to get me the coords so I can start work on the nethergate tunnel. Also, in for helping flatten the place tonight :D

You will get the coords to the entrance of ICMC:CP land tonight, maybe a cornerstone building with the portal in it would be good?

-Digi
    edited July 2011
    Yup, I just need to build the one in the real world, then go through the process of linking one built in the Nether to it. All it takes is some time and some math ^^
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    We have quite a bit of work to do before we get to building. Some wood and cobble would be good for tools though if the PWA has any on hand.

-Digi

Agreed, I was just saying I unfortunately don't have any resource generation at this time, but may be able to make a concept/temp engine nearby when it's decided what materials are needed.
    edited July 2011
    Had a great time tonight. Thank you everyone that showed up to help. I really enjoy when players group together for a project and I got the feeling everyone fun and all we did so far is flatten around 5000 blocks².

Chemriof wins the Hardcore award for the night. While others were headed off to bed, He was making coffee. Cheers mate!

I added a map to the Land in the OP (to be resized asap :-P) so anyone can venture out there and help clear if they want. There is a safe house in the corner, Store all mined materials there. If you steal from the community projects you will be banned, k? :vimp:

-Digi
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    I manually ran the map update to reflect the work that was done here. Server is currently crushing the updated png files. Make sure to clear your cache if the map doesn't load properly.
    edited July 2011
    Awesome Ardi, Thank you!

I think with the new information and lessons learned last night I will make a few changes:

We will now clear the land out to the ocean on both sides (including that big ass snow covered mountain) instead of the goal of 1000 x 1000. This will clear up enough space to build New Spawn + the Coliseum.

I'm banning the use of TNT on community land. Yes it helps clear the land, but it also destroys valuable coal and iron needed for torches, smelting and tools.

-Digi
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Are there clear directions to the area? I'm never on when anybody else is, but if we're just clearing space, I can probably chip in on that when nobody's around. Let me know how I can find it and I'll try to wander in.
    edited July 2011
    Basically from grand central: Take the Green Lines East and Hang a right at first road to Digi station, Head left at Digi station onto Skeleton road and then a right onto blue mine road, Take the rail until your X Coord is 1680 and hang a left. Keep walking on 1680 'til you hit -1138 and you are at the corner Stone.

You are also an admin that can /tp 1680 71 -1138

If anyone else is on that wants to help use /tp OtherGuy to Snarkasm

-Digi
    edited July 2011
    I added a few more bins while I was out there tonight. I also created the start of a barracks to pass the night if everyone on the server cooperates.

I planted a more efficient tree farm out on the land. The basics is there is a stone 7 blocks above each sapling, this stunts its growth and always grows 4 wood + 1 or 2 leafs tall. So you can reach everything. I planted a patch of 25, clearing a few of them at a time yields a lot more saplings then if all 25 grow and then you harvest. Clearing all 25 usually gives 20-30 saplings.

T_T, I would love for you to head out and check it out also for your thoughts on:

1. Storage is going to be an issue but with planning it doesn't have to be. Check out how I have the current setup in the safe house. This can be expanded with multiple levels for as much storage as we need.
    2. We need ideas for a storage place. Do we build a warehouse or do we do it underground?
    3. We will also want to make a Nether path between the PWA complex and The Projects.
    4. We need renewable food. Do you have a wheat auto-farmer that can be built near the Corner Stone?

-Digi
    edited July 2011
    Took down some trees and cleared out a couple thousand blocks. Or feels like it, at least. Have fun tonight, fellas.
    edited July 2011
    <3 Thanks Snark!

I think Wed night went great. For now we will Make Wed nights CP Group work night. It is a lot more fun with help :-D Please continue to work on it at will any other time, but try to be there on Wed night for CP Work + Lulz

-Digi
    edited July 2011
    If only... -le sigh-
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    If someone wants to leave me some tools, i'll hop on and clear stuff in my free time. who ever wants the resources I get let me know, they're yours.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    As has been stated a few times, any resources from clearing the new spawn go in the chests for use in future community projects.
    edited July 2011
    Indeed, Some very kind individual(s) has donated many diamonds for diamond tools so those are available in the Corner Stone Safe House. The resources mined go back into the same chests.

-Digi
    edited July 2011
    Turns out I still don't have build rights. MR DIGI! :D
    edited July 2011
    Well sh**, give me 5 minutes.

Edit: Ok, I showed you on the Whitelist. I removed and recreated your perms. Give it another try and let me know. Thanks for helping and sorry for the delay.

-Digi
    edited July 2011
    ok, good to go now. Thanks man.
    edited July 2011
    I've looked into and thought about Land Protection a lot. The original thought was to have protection over the land and have a Permission Group that was able to build there. I've decided that is not necessary as with the current perms setup it would just cause extra unneeded work for the admins.

If you are in the build group, we trust you not to intentionally destroy anything. If you do, we ban ya, plain and simple. If you are not in the build group, you simply can't destroy anything. Accidents (Read: Creepers) happen but in any case we have the ability to rollback any damage.

So to sum up, The Projects will stay with the current permissions whereas anyone with build access can help mine and craft on Community Land.

-Digi
    edited July 2011
    I didn't notice any diamond when I was on there earlier, and I think I checked most of the chests looking for places to put flint and string and all that... Might be worth checking. I might have missed it, though.
    edited July 2011
    Just Checked. The Chest labeled Tools (near the middle, 2nd row from the bottom) has about 15 or each diamond picks and shovels in it. Right next to it is the Misc box where any random stuff you come up with should be put.

-Digi
    edited July 2011
    I took a Diamond Pick to help me through the Nether, I should have a nethergate tunnel from old spawn to new spawn up by the end of the night tonight.
    edited July 2011
    Ah, that's it. I made my 20 stone picks and 10 stone shovels and went to town until they died, so I never checked. My mistake. :)