My Trip through the U.P

TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
edited August 2011 in Lifestyle
Me and my lady went on a camping/hiking trip through Michigan's Upper Peninsula a few weeks ago. July 20-27th. We had never been up there before. Well, I can't say never. IVE been there before with my parents, but I was so young that I don't remember it.

I never realized how beautiful Michigan could be. It almost didn't feel like Michigan up there. Im just so used to the Detroit area.

Ive been getting more and more into photography, and realizing how much fun it is. So I brought the Camera gear along, and shot over 1,000 pictures along the week :eek:
I also brought along our HD camcorder, and got some decent video. So I have tons of files to go through.

I finally got around to filtering through most of the RAW pics, and editing my favorites so far. I figured I would share some of my favorites out of the ones I completed so far.

I posted them in my Flickr here:
They look much nicer is you click on them to view them full, with the black background.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34004192@N05/sets/72157627418789128/

Let me know what you think,
I need to get a lens. Im still shooting with just the 18-55 kit lens. Which isn't horrible , but tends to not be the sharpest. So some I had to bump up the sharpness on a few of the RAWs in Photoshop.

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    even with 18-55 lens, those pictures are pretty darn nice man
  • TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Thanks a lot fatcat :)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Michigan is just beautiful. Even after driving all over this country, I still think Michigan is some of the most beautiful land I've ever seen.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    I miss the UP :( There are hardly any IT jobs up there though.
    edited August 2011
    Michigan is just beautiful. Even after driving all over this country, I still think Michigan is some of the most beautiful land I've ever seen.

I know, I can't believe that im just starting to realize this. I usually spend my vacations trying to escape Michigan. But there is actually a lot to see here.

@ardichoke
    Yea, I could see that. There is a lot of land up there, not too many highly populated, technological cities.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Nicely done. Great job on the long exposures.
    edited August 2011
    Snarkasm wrote:
    Nicely done. Great job on the long exposures.

Thanks a lot man
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    @ardichoke
    Yea, I could see that. There is a lot of land up there, not too many highly populated, technological cities.

I always viewed that as a positive for internet based companies. Lots of cheap land, relatively natural disaster free (with the exception of blizzards, which are much more easily managed than, say, floods, tornadoes, earthquakes, etc.). The big problem would be getting the necessary power infrastructure and data lines.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Beautiful work. My compliments.
    edited August 2011
    Leonardo wrote:
    Beautiful work. My compliments.

Thanks a lot Leonardo :)