Lucid Dreaming

DavidReinoldDavidReinold Minnesota
edited October 2011 in Lifestyle
Any other lucid dreamers here?

This is really the only "hobby" of sorts that I have. I lucid dream quite a bit, because it gives me unrestricted access to my own mind and allows me to overclock my brain, in a sense. When I lucid dream, the alternate reality becomes vivid. The only limitations I have are the self-imposed ones that help me keep my sense of reality, and with regular reality checks I can break those limitations down in the dream world while keeping them intact in the real world.

I just love lucid dreaming. It can be fun, but it's also dead useful.

Anyone else do it?

Comments

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I've tried, but never quite gotten it to work.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I would say 95% of the dreams I do have are dream-initiated lucid dream (DILD) ever since the age of, say 6.

I always know I'm in a dream, and I always know my alarm clock is going to end it. Recently I've gotten to where I fast forward my dreams to get to "better parts" to beat my alarm clock.

I still only dream maybe 3 times/month. But it's a hell of ride
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Jealous of you two.

I find dreams to be fascinating. I've logged my dreams in a journal since 2005. The only consistency I've uncovered is that my dreams are inspired by things that happened two weeks ago to the day. It's pretty weird.

I've tried lucid dreaming on command, if you will. No major luck yet. Though admittedly I haven't tried terribly hard. Plus, sleep paralysis scares the crap out of me.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I almost never remember my dreams. Only occasional the very very tail end of something like a word or a face, but remembering an entire dream... only a hand full of times within memory.
  • DavidReinoldDavidReinold Minnesota
    edited October 2011
    UPSLynx wrote:
    I've tried lucid dreaming on command, if you will. No major luck yet. Though admittedly I haven't tried terribly hard. Plus, sleep paralysis scares the crap out of me.
    There are easy ways to counteract sleep paralysis. First off, if you keep your mind on the sound of your own heartbeat and breathing, and remember that it's you, your mind won't create the terror factor that comes from sleep paralysis.

Another way is to drown it out completely. I tend to use Brainwave Entrainment to do this (it also helps with meditation, so it's a win-win).